14

Zong Zi Heng spent half a month in Exian recovering from his injuries. It was always the people from the Chunyang Sect who took care of him. Zong Ming He sent Elder Tai Wei to investigate the attack together with the Chunyang Sect, but he only met Elder Tai Wei once to tell him the numerous details of that day. On the contrary, the Leader of the Chunyang Sect's eldest senior brother, Xu Zhi Nan, came to visit him several times.
Immortal cultivators are usually youthful and long-lived. Because of the cultivation of abstinence in Chunyang Sect, the word "more" had to be added. It is common to see people who lived more than 100 years. Xu Zhi Nan should be 50 years old, but he still looks like a young and handsome gentleman. He was not like most of the Chunyang Sect's members that are cold and stereotypical. Instead, he is more friendly and approachable. To nobody's surprise, he is going to be the next Leader of Chunyang Sect.

Today, Zong Zi Heng was arranging his clothes. His injuries had almost recovered, and he wanted to return to Daming early so that his mother and siblings would not worry.

It so happened that Xu Zhi Nan came to visit him.

"Zhen Ren."

"Your Highness."

The two of them bowed to each other.

"Your Highness, what..." Xu Zhi Nan saw that Zong Zi Heng had pressed the bed sheet flat without a single wrinkle. As the Leader of Chunyang Sect's eldest senior brother, he spent half his life connecting with people from the Zong clan. He encountered arrogant and domineering people, powerful people who direct others with an arrogant attitude, and those who flatter superiors and bully subordinates. Every immortal family was suppressed for hundreds of years. The world really suffered under the Zong clan for a long time, but he did not expect the Zong clan's eldest prince to be so gentle and cheerful. It was difficult not to have a good impression of him.

"I've been imposing on you for several days, so it's time for junior to bid farewell." Zong Zi Heng said sincerely, "It is all thanks to Zhen Ren for taking care of me that I was able to heal so quickly. Junior will remember this kindness in my heart."

"Your Highness, you are welcome, it's just that your injury hasn't fully healed. There is no need to leave in a hurry, why not stay for a few more days to recuperate?"

"If I don't go back after so long, my mother will worry about me, and my younger brother can't be separated from me since he is still young."

"In that case, I will not persuade you to stay. I will send a few disciples to escort you back to Daming."

"There is no need to bother."

"Please don't refuse, Your Highness. It is difficult for my Chunyang Sect to evade the blame for what happened to you two Highnesses in Gutuo Town. I must ensure that Your Highness returns home safely."

"Then I shall thank Zhen Ren." Zong Zi Heng said, "I also request Zhen Ren to give my regards to the Leader."

"My master has been in seclusion for many years, so I accept on behalf of my master."

Zong Zi Heng smiled, "My master has also been in seclusion for three years."

"Your Highness seems to be under the tutelage of ......"

"Yes, my uncle. He is in seclusion to break through to the Eighth Chongtian of the Zongxuan Sword."

Xu Zhi Nan nodded and seemed lost in thought: "The Eighth Chongtian... Your Highness is so young and has already broken through the Seventh Chongtian. You're the best among your peers. The younger generation will have a lot to fear."

Zong Zi Heng smiled lightly and did not say anything. His uncle broke through the Seventh Chongtian when he was only in his twenties. Another twenty years have passed, yet there was still no progress. Going from the Seventh Chongtian to the Eighth Chongtian, will determine if the Zong Clan's descendants could step onto the path of immortality. No one in the Zong clan has reached the Eighth Chongtian for 3 generations. And as for the ancestors that had reached the ultimate level of the Ninth Chongtian, it had long since become a legend that was far beyond reach.