131+132

Chapter 131
After the imperial order with the imperial seal of Emperor Zong was sent to the immortal cultivation world, responses came in one after another.

If this was really an order from Emperor Zong, it wouldn't be threatening, but everyone knew that it was the Supreme Demon who was behind it. With the bloody precedent of the Wuyun Sect, many of the smaller sects did not dare to resist at all. At most, they can only ask for more time. Wuliang Sect and Chunyang Sect wrote in to complain, finding a bunch of excuses with a humble and honest tone. Only the Cangyu Sect had the toughest attitude, refusing to give up the treasures their ancestors had left to the people of Kunlun.

Zong Zi Xiao clenched the letter from the Cangyu Sect and laughed coldly, "This demonic girl Qi Meng Sheng really has some guts. She became the Sect Leader, got the Ice and Snow Jade, and she thinks she can stand up to me?"

Zong Zi Heng, who was standing at one side, didn't believe it. He thought to himself that the Ice crystal was the lifeblood of the Cangyu Sect because that was Cangyu Sect's cave, so how could Qi Meng Sheng not fight to the death and resist? Plus, the relationship between Qi Meng Sheng and Xu Zhi Nan is so close that perhaps the opportunity for the immortal cultivation community to put aside their former grudges and join forces against the enemy again sprang up here.

However, Zong Zi Xiao would not sit idly by and watch them form their alliance. The Cangyu Sect would probably be used by him to kill the chicken and warn the monkey*.

"The Cangyu Sect is still needed for opening the Shen Nong Ding, otherwise, they would be the next Wuyun Sect." Zong Zi Xiao's eyes showed a cold glint, "It looks like I have to go to Kunlun personally to teach her some lessons."

"The Cangyu Sect is willing to take many magical treasures and pills to pay for this annual offering. Don't you bully people too much." Zong Zi Heng said, "Since we still need them, we must not kill the chicken to get the eggs*."

Zong Zi Xiao snorted lightly, "I want the ice crystal. The Shen Nong Ding refines things for 49 days at least. It's too slow."

"You want a top-notch Immortal Pill, so naturally you need time."

Zong Zi Xiao gave a soft "tsk" and looked askance at Zong Zi Heng, "Are you very tense about the Cangyu Sect because Qi Meng Sheng helped you take the throne? But whether it was her or Xu Zhi Nan, they put you on the throne for their own benefits. After you took over, these three large sects took the lead in reneging on their debts, and the Zong's annual offerings became less every year. What, was this all negotiated by you guys? Was this the price they paid for supporting you?"

"Not really." Zong Zi Heng said calmly, "The Zong clan is in a decline. The status of the common lord of the world already exists in name only, and the annual offerings have long been inappropriate. In fact, the Zong clan has enough taxes from the people of the Central Plains, so perhaps it is time to change the old system." What he didn't say was that before Zong Zi Xiao's return, at that time when the immortal cultivation world had allied themselves against Wuyun Sect, he had discussed a new system of alliance formation with Li Bu Yu, Xu Zhi Nan and Qi Meng Sheng.

In the past, the Zong Clan was able to claim the empire and collect wealth from all sides by absolute, oppressive force. Now that the immortal cultivation world had changed and was no longer likely to be exploited by the Zong Clan, the Zong Clan had to find its own way out if it did not want to be attacked by the herd. He took the opportunity of the alliance fighting against the enemy to propose changing the old system and forming an immortal alliance, with each sect governing their own and no longer paying tribute to the Zong Clan, but they also agreed not to offend each other and not to encroach on the smaller sects. The other three sects agreed and also offered to retain the name of Emperor Zong, so that if there were any injustice or difficult cases in the immortal cultivation world, Emperor Zong would still take the lead in administering justice.