40

Master!" Looking at Xu Zhi Nan's weak appearance, Zhaowen's knees went weak and he knelt on the ground. He walked on his knees to Xu Zhi Nan's body, hands trembling and not daring to touch him. His eyes became scarlet in the light of the fire.

Zhong Kui violently wiped a handful of sweat from his face, leaving a few wretched traces of carbon dust: "Why is Immortal Lord's pulse so weak? I've infused spiritual energy into it, but it's like a clay ox going into the sea. It is absolutely useless!" If he hadn't seen it with his own eyes, Zhong Kui really couldn't believe that the man in front of him, one of the strongest people in the immortal cultivation world today, was so depleted in spiritual energy that it was as if his entire body had been emptied.

Xu Zhi Nan had aged a lot overnight, his lips were tragically white and dry, and he could not find any color on his face. He faltered and grabbed Zhong Kui's sleeve, his breath like a gossamer, and said, "No need ...my limit.... has reached."

Xie Bi An stood aside, anxiously watching Zhong Kui still infusing spiritual power into Xu Zhi Nan's body, but from Zhong Kui's expression, he could tell that it was just a futile effort.

Fan Wu She looked solemn. Looking at the old man who was as weak as a candle in the wind and remembering Xu Zhi Nan being high-spirited and vigorous back then. His heart had mixed emotions.

If Xu Zhi Nan died, the only people in the world who remembered his big brother and shared his memories of him would be him and Li Bu Yu, whom he loathed.

He did not want Xu Zhi Nan to die. He did not want to be the only one left in this world who remembered the amazing Zong Zi Heng.

Zhaowen choked, "Master, it is this disciple who is useless and has let you down."

Zhaowen's guilt was not unreasonable. Xu Zhi Nan was a rare genius in the three hundred years of Chunyang Sect. At the year of establishment, he made a breakthrough and became a Senior Brother of the Sect Master, and his journey to immortality was smooth sailing. However, his disciples did not have such luck. He only accepted five disciples in his life, none of whom had the qualifications to have the power to rule the sect, but Zhaowen's disciple had some of the momenta of Xu Zhi Nan back then. Unfortunately, he was too young to support such a large sect.

The decline of the Daming Zong Clan is certainly the main cause of the Clan's sibling rivalry, but the root cause is the failure of the Clan to produce a leader who could lead the immortal world for three generations in a row, and its inability to keep the foundation left by its ancestors. If a sect does not have a leader who can stand up to the immortal world, then the bigger the family business, the fatter the meat will be in the eyes of outsiders.

Xu Zhi Nan, at such an old age, is still determined to break through the Indestructible Heavenly Flame because this realm is like Phoenix Nirvana, which will allow him to regain his life. But it is a double-edged sword; the more critical it is, the more fierce the fire in his heart, and if he fails, he will have to watch his own decline.

Xu Zhi Nan shook his head, "Zhaowen, you have done ... very well, Chunyang Sect, I'll leave it to you."

"No, no, Master ... Seven Star Lamp!" Zhaowen hissed, "Go find the Seven Star Life-Sustaining Lamp."

"The Seven Star Lamp has been stolen." Zhong Kui said in a deep voice.

Zhaowen had tears of blood in his eyes, "Cang, Yu, Sect! Chunyang Sect will take revenge for this!"

Xu Zhi Nan looked at Zhong Kui with those grey eyes and said in a mute voice, "Heaven Master, I have an ... unrequited request." He struggled to get up, but this body, which was known as the toughest and strongest in Jiuzhou, could hardly move at this moment.