27

The disciples of Wuliang Sect were just about to help Xie Bi An up when a nice voice rang out from overhead, "Let me do it."

Xie Bi An was embraced into a broad, warm embrace, and he looked up, "Brother Lan."

Lan Chui Han picked Xie Bi An up and looked at him worriedly.

"I'm not seriously hurt, but Wu She..."

"He will be fine. Don't say anything, I will take you back to Yunding."

Xie Bi An pressed himself against Lan Chui Han's chest and listened to the strong heartbeat before he could barely pull himself away from the fear of being threatened by that evil spirit.

When Xie Bi An returned to Yunding, he was already very weak. Li Bu Yu had sent an elder to treat his injuries and sent an immortal pill better than the true essence jade training pill to help him recover, but he kept hanging onto a tint of consciousness until he heard that Fan Wu She's corpse poison had been brought under control, he then passed out.

---

When he woke up, a day and a night had already passed, and Xie Bi An was surrounded by the disciples of Wuliang Sect who kept watch.

"Little White Master, you have woken up." The disciple said joyfully, "Is there any discomfort?"

Xie Bi An rolled his eyes around and felt a dull ache around him. He let out a dry voice, "How is my junior brother?"

"Little Black Master is not awake yet, but we have all kinds of immortal pills and medical stones in Wuliang Sect, plus Elder Yuanqing is here, he will be fine."

Xie Bi An was still unsettled, "Please go and call my master to come here."

Shortly afterwards, Zhong Kui rolled in like a whirlwind and nervously checked Xie Bi An's pulse: "My good disciple, you're awake! Are you feeling better?"

Xie Bi An sat up, still a little weak, but he seemed to be fine, as his injuries were not serious: "Master, how is Wu She doing?"

"Don't worry, the poison has been cleared. His shoulder's injury is bone-deep, thus the recovery is slower, but it will be fine."

When he heard Zhong Kui's reply, Xie Bi An was relieved and said, "Master, as a senior brother, I'm really ashamed of myself for taking him into danger and failing to protect him."

"It's not your fault. Who would have thought that you would encounter such a powerful evil spirit in Mount Shu." Zhong Kui said awkwardly, "If you want to say being ashamed, I am supposed to be ashamed of myself, after the banquet, I..."

Xie Bi An said helplessly, "You didn't enjoy yourself at the banquet, so you went for another drink, right?"

Zhong Kui dropped his eyebrows and whispered, "I am a master in vain, for I did not even notice the movement of the Qingfeng Sword in time."

"You have arrived in time, there is no need to blame yourself." When Xie Bi An remembered the scene, he was only afraid that if Zhong Kui had been a few moments later, would he and Fan Wu She have been eaten by that evil spirit?

He had been on his own since he was fourteen and had the Wuqiongbi as a magical treasure at his hand. Despite having encountered fierce and dangerous things, he has always been able to overcome them. Although he was not as proud as Fan Wu She, he was born with superior roots and is also Zhong Kui's disciple, so he was confident in his own abilities. Among his peers, only Lan Chui Han can compete with him. He could never have imagined that two of them would be almost killed by a wild ghost with no name, and he felt both guilty and frustrated.

Zhong Kui was also distraught: "This is really suspicious, Mount Shu is supposed to be the safest place in Jiuzhou, yet my disciples nearly died here. This matter must be investigated thoroughly. Bi An, think back carefully on what happened at that time and tell me exactly what happened."