46

Upon arriving at Yan City, Xu Zhi Nan first summoned the Chunyang disciples who were keeping an eye on him, and learned that Chen Xing Yong had met a man late yesterday night. That man was dressed in black and wore a mask, even his sword was covered, so there was no way to tell where he came from. When that man left the city, one of the disciples tried to follow him, but soon lost him.

Hearing this, Cheng Yan Zhi sternly rebuked, "Who gave you permission to act without permission?"

The disciple mumbled, "I thought that man's identity must be extraordinary, so ..."

"If he is really an extraordinary person, it is likely that you have already been discovered. Before I left, I specifically instructed you not to act rashly and alert the enemy. Did you even listen!?"

"Senior Brother Cheng, I was wrong."

Xu Zhi Nan frowned, "Forget it, since Chen Xing Yong hasn't left yet, it's likely that we haven't been discovered yet."

Zong Zi Heng said, "If that man is the one Chen Xing Yong is waiting for, then highly likely he is the buyer of the Lion Alliance, but it is a pity that he had escaped."

"As long as Chen Xing Yong is captured alive, we can uncover all the people behind the curtain."

"But Chen Xing Yong will leave any time after he has finished meeting the person he wants to see, so I'm afraid we won't be able to wait for the Cangyu Sect's people."

Xu Zhi Nan asked, "How long will it take for the Flying Plume Ambassadors to arrive?"

"It will only be a day or two."

"Continue to keep an eye on Chen Xing Yong, and act as soon as they arrive."

"Yes."

"Yan Zhi." Xu Zhi Nan said, "After sunset, take your men out of the city and quietly spy on that man in black. The tighter he covers up shows that he has a high status. The people of this generation are not rich and cultivators are not common. Ask the people in the surrounding towns if they have seen any cultivators or rich people during the day."

"Yes, Senior Brother."

After Cheng Yan Zhi left, Zong Zi Xiao asked a question, "Big brother, why did the Lion Alliance come to this place? There aren't many named immortal clans around here and they are poor, even if it is to avoid the eyes and ears of other people, isn't it safer to be hidden in the city?"

"You have a point. But since it's to meet someone, that place might have been set by the man in black."

"Brother, that man in black, could he have something to do with us being attacked back then too?"

"Perhaps." A layer of frost covered Zong Zi Heng's eyes, "That's why Chen Xing Yong must be caught alive."

---

They settled in a small inn for the time being, waiting for the Flying Plume Ambassador Qi Meng Sheng of the Cangyu Sect to arrive and capture Chen Xing Yong together.

Chen Xing Yong used to be an insignificant person in the Cangyu Sect. His talent and cultivation level were neither high nor low. If he was to face the battle head-on, a big battle is not needed to deal with him, but this magical treasure Gong Shu Ju is too powerful, at worst, it can help him escape.

A person with an ordinary cultivation level can obtain such a terrifying power just by having a magical treasure. It was no wonder that so many cultivators would compete until badly battered just because of this magical treasure. For example, Chen Xing Yong, who had deceived his master and destroyed his founder, was cruel and ruthless, and after taking away Gong Shu Ju, he had also risen to the ranks of high-ranking cultivators by eating human cores. The Daming Zong Clan had issued a wanted notice for him, and the Chunyang Sect, the Cangyu Sect and the Huaying Sect had been hunting for him, but so far three years had passed, and he was still at large.