Chapter 5- My Unexpected Fate

Chapter 5
I stopped and looked at the spot I hated most here in Mineral Town. I felt so sick that I almost wanted to puke on this one spot. I decided to keep walking before I really did puke on it. I'll never be able to look at that spot the same again.. And I never thought I could hate something about this town. Really... The only thing I should hate is myself. I could feel almost a year try to escape from my eye, but I didn't let it fall.
I arrived at The Clinic to find Doctor Trent working with another patient in back. I went to the front desk and spoke with Elli.
"Good morning Mrs. Claire"
More like Ms now... But I didn't say that to her.
"Good morning.. I've been feeling a little sick today, I was wondering if Doctor Trent could prescribe me with something"
"Sure, just sit down over there." She said happily
Here I am... Sitting in the same blue waiting chair as I did before. It's tough not think about it. It's hard... Having someone that was so close to you.. Leave you.. And then it's your fault. I probably will later be punished for that.
"Now you take care and be careful not to trip again!" Trent said to a patient
"Thanks Trent, i'll try not to" Popuri said leaving the back of the room.
"Oh... Hi Claire..." She said giving me a menacing look then a fast flip of her hair.
I think she was probably one of those people who hate me for what I did.. Sounds like Popuri. I waved to her putting on a fake smile and then slowly put my head back down on the palms of my hands. Popuri left The Clinc, and I was the only one in the waiting room
"What's going on Claire?" Trent said with a cool attitude to his voice
"I have been feeling kind of sick lately , can you give me some medicine or something?" I asked
"Sure, let's get you examined"
I followed Trent to the back where he had me lay down. I knew I was laying down in the same spot where Cliff had died. I didn't want to be here..
Trent checked my blood pressure, had me weight myself, and last checked my ears and eyes.
"Well, you look find, we're going to do a quick x-Ray, and probably prescribe you something for your head ache and sick stomach." He said walking toward the front of the Clinic.
I stayed and looked at the ceiling moving my hair to the right side of my shoulder. It start to fall off the edge of The Clinic bed. I could see it slowly falling down. It looked like me... Getting slowly pulled down b-
"Ok Claire I'm back!"
He completely startled me and I jumped up wondering why the heck he scared me!
"You scared the living chickens out of me!" I yelled angrily
"Sorry.. Heh.. I just came to get you so you can get x-Rayed."
"Oh..alright then" I said jumping off the bed.
We went farther back in The Clinic where I had to be laid down again. I had to take off my clothes and wear a gown. The x-Ray quickly scanned me and I was able to get up again.
Doctor Trent rushed over to me, I was kind of nervous.
"Claire!"
"Umm.. Yeah?"
"How do I put this... You're pregnant"