Chapter 7, part 2: The Journey continues

Chapter 7: part 2
  We sat in the pouring rain, silently as the boat rocked back and forth. I could sense Kai's nervousness as he paddled forward. Me on the other hand, was too determined to leave to really pay attention to how Kai was feeling. It was cold and wet, and I sat with my hands folded over my arms trying to stay warm, while Kai had a jacket.
  "Claire?" Kai asked hesitantly turning his head
  "What?"
   "Why are you leaving?"
    "Why not..? Everyone is accusing me of Cliff's death and I have a baby on the way! I can't just sit there and get depressed until both of us die!"
  "You're having a baby...?"
   "It's not Cliff's baby."
    "What makes you so sure?"
    "If it was, I would be staying in Mineral Town"
  Kai didn't say a word after. He simply had a straight face and continued paddling.
  We pulled up to the Forget me Not Valley beach, and the rain continued on, darkening the scene.
  "Don't you think I should go with you?" Kai said tying up the boat to the dock.
"No.. I'll be fine. Don't tell anyone I left either. I don't want them looking for me, and even if you did tell them, their is a chance they might not even care." I said looking at the ground as I stepped out of the boat
  "Fine.. I'll miss you Claire." He said as he helped me up to the dock.
  I gave Kai a hug, thinking that this might be the last time I see him. It felt like he was my only friend left. Kai then jumped back into the boat and started paddling away. I grabbed my bag that was sitting on the  edge of the dock and started heading up to my sisters.
Forget me Not Valley
  My sister lives in a town I think is kind of odd. It looks different than Mineral Town, and to me, it seems a little more spookier. Some of the people scare me, and roads and ways are tricky. Leaving the beach, I walked through a long grassy area passing two odd houses. One looked like a dungeon, the other looked more like a tent.
  I then arrived to the town of Forget me Not Valley. As I walk up I'm starting to realize why this town was called Forget me Not. How could you forget any of the strange things here? The town was smaller than Mineral Towns, and had only a few shops on side of the town and a lot more houses on the other side. I went right onto the path leading me a couple more options of path ways to go. But I already knew it was the one leading upwards from the last time I've been here.
    I knocked on Jill's door, then wondered what time it was! It's probably around 3:00am or earlier. Jill's door creaked open as her brown hair and brown eyes peeked through the door. From my angle, it looked like a little animal trying to look through the door. Jill, then realizing it was me, opened the door and gave me the biggest hug ever.
   Jill was wearing her blue overalls and a orange shirt with a heart in the middle with her hair up into a high ponytail.
"Claire! It's so good to see you!"
"Heh.. Good to see you too" I said with not as much enthusiasm.
"Are you sure you don't want to just stay at my place for the night? It's cold.. And raining! Why don't you put that sweater on?"
  "Sweater?"
  I turned around and looked at the back of my backpack to notice that Kai's jacket had been placed on the top of my bag.
I smiled at the thought of him putting it on there, and put the sweater on.
"There, that looks better!"
"C'mon Jill, let's go... I don't want to stay the night there. Besides your house is just as small as mine."
Jill grunted and let out a small sigh. She grabbed her bag  and locked the house door. Since Jill was a farmer too, she had the Harvest Sprites from her village take care of her animals and crops.
  "Alright, it's raining, and cold. Where the heck are we going?" Jill said with attitude
"We're going to a place I heard of, that can only bring happiness"
  "What's that place called?"
   "Sunshine Islands"
   "Umm.. Sounds a little too happy if you ask me."
   "Hey look, when you go on your own journey to the center of the Earth is when you can start picking where we go. This is MY journey!" I say snapping back at her.
  "Yeesh.. Sunshine Islands it is"