Chapter 8- The Arrival

Chapter 8
   Me and Jill start leaving down the same path I came in from in Forget me not Valley.
"Claire, this is stupid I know you want to go, and all this, but really just think about it."
"I have to go, ok. Mineral Town just isn't my place anymore." I said with anger in my tone
I started to walk at a faster pace, and Jill had to do a quick jog to catch back up with me.
On our way out, I seemed to get a little lost and forgot what path we took.
"Uh, where are we?"
"Oh, we're by Romana's house."
"When were you thinking about telling me?"
"Well how was I supposed to know where you wanted to go?"
We tend to bicker a lot... Whoever's house this was, was beautiful. In a creepy way though since it was so late. It was a huge mansion, with waterfalls and plants all over the place. Lucky her.
As we stand there, I feel a slight breeze pass by us. Me and Jill finally stopped talking.
"Why hello?"
I screamed so loud anyone could here me at this point.
"Whoa! You must get frightened easily miss."
Me and Jill froze and turned around to see a gray haired man, with a fancy leopard collared shirt on and red pants.
He seemed to be either full of himself or very devious. Although I must say, he was good looking.
"Now what are you to lovely ladies doing this late at night?" He said to us with a smile as he moved in front of us, to see our faces.
"Uh..who are you?" I asked
"Why me? I'm just a prince for all the maidens in the valley, I think it truly fits me." He said "The names Phantom Skye"
We started to answer but heard noises coming from the mansion, again with a slight breeze. The girl who lives in the mansion, came outside.
"That little thief!! Get back here!"
In minutes flat, Skype charmed the girl to make her fall in love with him.
The girl seemed dazed and Skye made his escape. We decided to take the girl back inside her house by leaving her inside by the front door, and my golly was it really nice in that house. Afterwards, Jill started to show me the way to the dock
"Jill who was that guy?"
"That was Skye, he's supposed to be our little thief around her, but I never met him until tonight."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, I heard he goes around taking things, and then sometimes appears to just walk around.."
"Hm, maybe, I'm guessing he's homeless or something because he doesn't have a house anywhere here, and I would know."
"Hm"
I didn't say anything after that, because in all honesty, I know what it feels like to not have a home anymore.
The rain finally started to lift as we arrive at the dock.
"Alright well here's the little boat, let's get going" Jill said with an inexpressive tone.
"Ok."
The ride seemed a lot longer than I thought, we just paddled and paddled. For the longest I didn't know where we were going. Me and Jill hardly talked, because what was there to talk about after you and your sister finally meet after so long, and it seems that both of you don't have husbands anymore? Yeah, I know, nothing to talk about at all.
After what seemed like months of rowing, we arrived on the edge of a beach. The place looked a lot bigger than our beach. There were homes everywhere on the other side of it. We got up and looked around. The houses and stores had a very modern style with colorful roofs on the houses. After walking through the town we came across an Inn. We walked inside and it looked very cozy, tables and chairs in the lobby with rooms on the sides and upstairs.
We ordered a room and started to head up the stairs, only to come across a girl with a red bandanna on with a yellow shirt with an orange overlay on it. She had blue shorts and red boots as she sat in the hallway of upstairs. She was fast asleep at the end of the hallway.
  "Uh? Should we wake her?" Jill asked.
   "Umm..sure." I said
  I nudged her leg a bit, but she seemed to just have moved it without opening an eye.
  "Wake up little girl!!" Jill yelled
  "Will you shut up? You're going to wake up the whole neighborhood, gosh."
  The girl did indeed wake up though.
  "What time is it...?" She said yawning.
  She had light brown hair and blue eyes. She looked similar to Jill but her hair was much longer and straighter.
  "Hmm maybe 4:00am?" Jill replied
   "4:00am... Whoa..then why did you guys wake me?" The girl said with hint of anger
  "Uh.." Jill looked confused
   "You do realize, you're sleeping in the hallway right?" I said.
   "Yeah, duh. I'm trying to sleep." She angrily exclaimed
   "Don't you have a room?" Said Jill
    "If I had one, do you think I would be sleeping in the hallway?" She looked annoyed.
   "Well we just got here and all, but want to stay with us for the night?" Jill said with a smile.
I wasn't really sure what to think about some girl that we don't know staying with us, but Jill just always has to open her mouth.
   "Really?! Can I!" She excitedly said
   "Yeah! C'mon, we haven't seen what the the rooms look like yet!" Jill said almost jumping now.
   On that note, I followed the two of them to the guest rooms at the end of the hall.