Chapter 7, part 1: A Journey?

Chapter 7: part 1
  (I added this song, thinking that this would really explain who Claire is, or really, how she's feeling, I hope you guys enjoy the song. I don't own any of the rights to this song, but this is very beautiful.)
"So that's all that happened.." I said to Lilian
  "Wow.. You've been through a lot.. I know how it is."
  "I just thought you'd be the best person to tell because... Well, you've also been through a lot, and you've came to be a magnificent person."
"Well Claire, it hasn't been easy, and I'm sure it hasn't been easy for you either... But I just remember this "Sometimes in this path of life you need to walk alone to find yourself before you can walk it with someone else"
"What?" I asked with a dumb look on my face
"What it means is that maybe Cliff is gone from you for a reason, you're a small farm girl living life naturally, maybe there is more to you that you need to discover. On your own. When my husband left to find a cure for me, I just had a feeling he wasn't going to come back... But that gave me a reason to get healthier and be better for my family... on my own."
"So I need to discover myself?"
"Yes, take a trip, learn things and find out who you are. Then when you get back, you'll be able to live with the new you, for your child, even without a husband"
"Thank you Lillian" I said as I hugged her.
I thanked her for the tea, and left the Poultry farm. As I exited, it seems like there has been a never ending rain, because here it is raining again. I ran back to the farm to get out of the rain and back inside. I started to think... Leaving..? That.. Might be a good idea. There is so much I have never seen before that I would like to see.
   When I got in I packed my bags as quickly as I could. I grabbed all the overalls in my closet, then I packed some of the vegetables that were already picked this season. I knew Kai was in town, so I had to see him. I don't know where I'm going... But I can't take it any longer. Oh! One more thing.
  I decided to call my sister back, even though it was about 9:00pm.
  *ring ring*
  "Hello?" Said Jill on the other end of the line
"Jill I won't be coming.." I said was a deeper tone in my voice
  "Wait, why not?"
  "I'm going a journey.. Me and the baby."
  "Why? Have you lost your mind? I thought you were the older sister!"
  "I haven't lost my mind, I got a slap in the face and realized that I need to leave for a while.."
"Well you're pregnant?! Are you an idiot? You don't even know where you're going..."
I started to process what she said, a tear started to fall from my face, but I quickly sucked it back up.
"Then come with me" I said bluntly
"Are you nuts? You want me to come?" She said almost yelling in the phone.
"You're living alone now aren't you? Come on this journey to discover yourself with me.. Please Jill." I said softly
"I'm not back tracking, you better be here soon." She said then hung up the phone.
So this is it.
I gathered my luggage and had Max around his leash. Goodbye home. Goodbye chickens, goodbye cows. Goodbye Mineral Town.
I walked out into the rain, heading over to the Harvest Sprite tree. I told them I would be gone for a while, not knowing when I'd be back. They gladly said they would take care of my animals and crops until I get back. I walked down turning the corner to the Inn, where Kai was staying. I knew he would be staying until summer began.
  I walked in finding the place empty with only Ann working at the register of the place.
  "Hey.. Umm is Kai here?" I asked Ann softly
  "Yeah.. Second room upstairs" she said with a depressed expression
  I knew out of everyone Ann was going to handle .. But I didn't know it would be this bad.
  I headed upstairs and knocked on the door. I remember that this was the same room that Cliff, Gray, and Kai all lives in together. Brings back memories..
  Kai opened the door quite startled to see I was there.
"Claire? What are you doing here so late?"
"I need you to come with." I said yearningly
"Why?"
"I'm leaving and you're the only person who knows how to ride the boat that leaves Mineral Town."
"Are you kidding me? No! It's too late!"
"Kai... I'm begging you."
Kai got silent and looked at me with a conflicted face.
"Claire look, it's way too late to be trying to make your midnight escape" He said with sympathy
"If you don't come with me, then I'm going on my own.. With our without you." I said trying not to get angry.
He glared at me, then answered
"Fine.. I'll go, only because I feel that whatever you're doing.. is for Cliff."
We didn't speak after that, he grabbed a jacket and we both left the Inn. We walked passed the stores, and I was looking at everything.. Saying my goodbyes in my head. When we arrived at the edge of the beach, Kai finally spoke.
"Where are we headed?" He asked
"First, Forget me Not Valley, then I'll go from there."
I hopped in, and we were off. I felt that a new part of me was a woken on this rainy night, and another part closed up.