Birthday Kiss {LenKu}

LenxMiku. "Too much LenKu!! OMG how many drabbles are you going to write about them before doing any others?!" ...Let's face it. I'm pretty sure most of my readers here like LenxMiku, right? ...right?
Genre- Fluff
Summary- Len wonders why Miku's been avoiding him and confronts her about it.

"Where were you earlier?" He asks, voice above a whisper. They cannot afford to be caught, not when everyone's retired to bed and fast asleep.

There's no response. He steps closer to the figure sitting on the counter, to the one who he's been looking for the whole day. He stops short when they're inches apart, barely touching. He looks up just in time to see the other look away.

"Hey. Miku," He whispers, voice almost cracking because it hurts when the one you love doesn't even look at you anymore. He noticed for the past few days Miku has been running away when he's close, only politely answering when asked. She was never this distant, and they were certainly never like this. He wonders what changed.

"Please. Look at me," There must be something in his voice that made Miku turn to him. Maybe she heard his heart breaking? Or his world shattering under his feet? Either way, he's glad Miku's looking at him now.

"Why are you avoiding me? Have I done something? Said something? Please tell me," His voice suddenly cracks at the last sentence. He doesn't realize a tear had escaped his eyes until a finger was wiping it away.

"You shouldn't be crying. It- it's your birthday," Miku feels tears also well in her eyes when she sees Len cry because of her. She never meant to hurt the other, and because of that she cursed himself for being stupid and selfish. She bites her lip, cups a cheek and forces Len to look up at her.

"I wanna know why you're avoiding me, Miku," Len leans in, brackets himself within Miku's legs and places his hands on Miku's thighs.

Miku squirms, a flush on her cheeks, but doesn't push away.

"I- I-" Miku falters and bites her lip. Len stares at it, thinking he wants to do the same thing with it.

"You're what?" Len raises an eyebrow that disappears into his spiked fringe. Miku holds back a laugh.

"I.." Miku breathes deeply. It's now or never.

"I was jealous," She spills and feels her face abnormally heat up and her ears turn red. She hides her face in her hands, refusing to look up.

She hears a soft chuckle and peaks through the gaps in her fingers. The nerve of this guy!

"Hey! What are you laughing at, huh?" She punches Len on the arm but hurts her hand instead. Damn those muscles! I think I broke my hand T_T

"Why are you so cute?" Len pinches her nose then grabs her hand, soothing a thumb over her knuckles. She looks up to see Len smiling at her, warm eyes crinkling in amusement, and she blushes.

"I am not cute!" Miku pouts petulantly and it reminds Len of how old she truly is. It hurts to see how much Miku is forced to grow up and be mature. Such innocence shouldn't be taken away from anyone.

"Yes you are, my dear friend. Besides, who are you jealous of anyway? Gumi?" He's meant to tease but the blush on Miku's cheeks becomes redder and he can't help the amused chuckle that escapes him.

"You were jealous of her? Oh that is epic," A shit-eating grin threatens to split his face into two. Miku looks at him with the what-is-funny-you-idiot face of hers. He grins wider.

"Are you done laughing at me? Because I'm going to sleep," Miku moves to get down the counter but Len wouldn't budge, strong hands coming up to grip her waist.

"You're not going anywhere. Not until I get my birthday wish," Len inches closer and their breaths mingle.

"What b-birthday wish?" Miku curses herself how her heart stutters with her voice, how she melts under Len's warm gaze.

And before Miku could react...

"This," Len mumbles against her lips, shuts his eyes, and closes the distance between them.

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|
I just like writing about jealousy, don't I? I need to find more interesting prompts...unless, you do like stories about jealousy?? ...nah. I doubt it. It's gotta get boring somehow. :P