the fight

Then next day came with the blink of an eye. Y/n had resumed her spot in the arena and was waiting for Hiccup. She finally caught a glimpse of him after about ten minutes. He was pacing just outside the open gate. Y/n jumped down and hurried over to him just as Stoic began his speech.

"If someone had told me that in few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to placing first in dragon training... I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad. Yes, and you know it! But we are here and no one's more surprised or more proud that I am. TODAY MY BOY BECOMES A VIKING! TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!"

"And we really thought this was a good idea?" doubted Hiccup.

"Well, what are you going to do?"

"To put an end to this, I have to try. Y/n, if anything goes wrong, just make sure they don't find Toothless."

Hiccup turned toward the arena and began to walk toward the upcoming fight. Y/n grabbed his hand.

"Just don't die. I don't know if I could live without you."

"I- "but Hiccup was cut off as Gobber gripped his shoulder.

"Come on boy, let's see you kill that dragon." Hiccup inhaled sharply and locked eyes with Y/n before turning into the arena.

"Okay so you will be facing what we call a Razorwhip. Like a Nadder but with scales like shiny armour."

"Just like Y/n said." Muttered Hiccup.

"Eah?"

Hiccup look around to see Gobber shut the arena door.

The dragon was about the same size as a Monsters Nightmare with purple eyes that glimmered in the morning light.

Y/n watched Hiccup grab the smallest knife on the shelf and approach the Razorwhip. It hissed at him, causing Y/n to flinch. He held the knife out to his side and unclenched his fist. He gripped his helmet with his other hand and flung it to the ground.

"I'm not one of them." Gasps echoed from the crowd. Hiccup raised his hand toward the dragon's nose. It began to lean toward him eyes closed.

"STOP! STOP THE FIGHT!" Stoic hollered. The dragon snapped its jaws at Hiccup.

Y/n inhaled sharply. The thing was chasing him around the arena in circles.

"HICCUP!" Y/n screamed. She snagged and axe from beside her and shoved it under the gate, propping it open. Y/n slid under and joined Hiccup in the arena. The dragon was gaining on him. That's when it happened. Toothless came bursting through the door, saddle on and all. He tackled the other dragon to the ground, throwing Y/n and Hiccup across the dirt, and yep you guessed it, she landed right on top of Hiccup. She sprung up, bringing Hiccup with her. Vikings were swarming Toothless, pinning his mouth closed.

"Toothless no, he won't hurt you please!" Y/n held Hiccup back which was surprisingly hard considering his small stature.