the pep talk

She eventually found him down on the docks watching the boats sail away to find the dragon nest."It's a mess, you've lost everything. Your tribe, your father, your best friend." Hiccup glared at her. "Thank you for summing that up. Why couldn't I have killed that dragon when I found him in the woods?!" Y/n shrugged. "Yep, the rest of us would have don't it. So why didn't you? Well, why didn't you?""I don't know, I couldn't!" He shook his head."That's not an answer.""Why is this so important to you all of a sudden!""Because I want to remember what you say right now.""Oh, for the love of— I was a coward, I was week, I wouldn't kill a dragon!" Y/n raised an eyebrow. "You said wouldn't that time.""Whatever I wouldn't. Three hundred years and I'm the first Viking who wouldn't kill a dragon!" Hiccup was practically hysterical at this point. "First to ride one though." Hiccup looked up and into her eyes. "I wouldn't kill him because he looked as frightened as I was." Y/n put her hands on her hips. "I bet he's really frightened now." "What are you gonna do about it?" Hiccup shrugged."Probably something stupid. ""Good but you've already done that." Hiccup pointed at her and began to walk backward."Then something crazy.""That's more like it."