Ch.1 Welcome to Haven

Cyra's Pov

Qrow: "So, the City of Mistral..."

Nora: "Ugh! It's about time!"

Cyra: "To be completely honest, I wasn't really sure we'd never make it here."

Razor: "Same here..."

Me, Razor, Qrow and Team RNJR are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns.

Nora: "Whose idea was it to walk again?"

Ren: "Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships destroyed settlements..."

Cyra: "There's that."

Jaune: "Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us."

Razor: "......and that too...."

Ruby: "Pfft, we were fine. Only two of us almost died."

Qrow/Cyra: "Hey."

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Ren.

Ren: "Hey."

Nora giggles in response.

Jaune: "So, how much farther to Haven Academy?"

Qrow: "Almost there. But I figured I'd take you, kids, on the scenic route."

Me and others approach a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby: "Wow!"

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby: "This... is... awesome!"

Below us, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Qrow: "It's certainly something."

Ruby: "Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!"

Qrow: "Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not."

Jaune: "They really made the most out of these mountains."

Qrow: "Every inch. But stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets."

Nora: "And we are going up!"

Meanwhile

Raiden's Pov

A few miles off the coast of Anima, an Atlesian cargo airship is seen flying over an enormous lake.

Weiss: "So, how much farther?"

Pilot: "We're in the home stretch now."

In the pilot's box of the ship, Weiss stands in the back, leaning against a wall with her arms crossed, while I, am standing beside the pilot's seat looking at the horizon.

Pilot: "No more stops from here to Mistral. Sorry for the long trip. Keeping us off the radar's been harder than I thought. Lots of air traffic around northern Anima."

Weiss: "It's fine. I... just hope we haven't been a burden."

Pilot: "You and your money are more than welcome on this ship, kid."

The ship's radio suddenly picks up a transmission.

Pilot: "What the...?"

Before the pilot could even reach over for it, I already beat him to it and adjust the slider, evening out the wavelengths on the screen.