Ch.7 Rest and Resolutions

Raiden's Pov

The dinner table is abuzz as the currently present members of Team RWBY and Team LADR, Razor and the remaining members of Team JNPR all talk over each other indistinctly. The mood is quite cheery, with everyone all smiling and laughing.

Yang: "How do you lose your map at a time like that?"

Jaune: "Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since. But Cyra here got it in the end, though."

Cyra: "Yeah, and made sure you wouldn't lose it again...."

Yang, Weiss, and Ruby laugh, with Josh and I shaking our heads in amusement, while Jaune smiles and giggles sheepishly.

Nora: "Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!"

Jaune: "I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down."

Ruby: "Uh, me? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!"

Ren: "I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily."

Ruby: "No, no! Out of control as in 'awesome'!"

Ren: "Oooohhh. (smiles) Thank you."

Everyone at the table bursts into laughter.

Ren: "But you should have seen how Cyra was fighting that Tyrian."

Josh: "Now that is something I would love to watch."

Raiden: "I can't believe they found you fishing for a reunion since Beacon."

Razor: "I was just tryna be nice."

As dinner continues, me and Weiss tells our story about how Weiss accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk, and I tried stopping the Boarbatusk and lashing out during the charity ball, making Ruby gasp.

Ruby: "You guys did not!"

Weiss has her head in her hands.

Weiss: "Yeah, right in the middle of the party."

Yang: "Please tell me you let that guy and lady have it."

Weiss: "Of course not! Even if we did really want to."

Raiden: "Believe me, I had a great urge to do it."

Nora then crosses her arms, looking sceptical of the ordeal.

Nora: "No way, I don't believe it."

To prove her point, Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon lets out a small growl, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side, causing the me and others to all laugh.

Cyra: "I'll be sure to not get on your bad sides. By the way, Rai. I'd hate to bring it up, but aren't you supposed to be in jail or something?"

Raiden: "That may be true in your case, but it isn't enough to drag me away from my own goal: To protect Weiss and prove my innocence."

Weiss: "But why?"

Raiden: "My brother and sister even Arisa said that they'll cover me from my arrest so I left in a slight disguise though no one really knows what my mask looks like only you guys I was planning to go by the name Zryan for a while."

Ruby: "You sound even more heroic!"

Cyra: "True enough, and that's the greatest thing about you, Raiden."

As dinner nearly finishes, Yang shows off her robotic prosthetic arm that was made with the help of Josh to the rest of the group. All of Josh, except for a couple of individuals, react in awe.