The Day They Broke the Internet

(THIS IS KIND OF A CRACKFIC BUT ALSO NOT AT THE SAME TIME SO IGNORE THE NONSENSE)

Nick, or Sapnap as he's referred to online and in this book, both loved and hated his best friend at the moment. 

His best friend Clay, or Dream, had just given Sapnap some crazy news - apparently Dream's rich ass self had rented an entire hotel near the house Dream and Sapnap shared with some of their other friends and planned a trip for them and all of their online friends. 

The idea was this: On the scheduled day, every one of their online friends that could make it (which was basically all of them) would take a trip (a long one depending on where they were currently) to the Florida hotel and stay there together for a month or so. The plan was to bring their streaming setups and keep making content so they would still bring in money, which would allow this length of time to actually be possible.

The reason for Sapnap's conflicted feelings was that, although he was excited to see all of his friends in one place and do fun stuff with them, Dream had interrupted his platonic cuddle session with Sapnap to tell him this. Currently, Dream was attempting to remedy this by resuming the cuddles, which brings us to the dialogue of this chapter. 

''Come on dude, we can go back to it now. It was, like, a ten second break, you can't be sore over that'', Dream said with a sigh.

But his friend continued to act childish. ''You should have picked better timing. I'm guessing George already knew about this way before me?'', he said grumpily. 

''Well...to be fair-'', Dream started his typical defensive statement, but was cut off by Sapnap's sudden ''AHA! I knew it, if you're going to be a total simp at least be honest about it''.

Dream sighed again. ''Actually, I told George first because I knew he'd be mature about it, unlike some people. And anyway, I told you last because I knew you'd get the most hyped so I thought it would be the most fun for you if I waited til the last minute and surprised you'', he retorted. 

He started to grin as Sapnap's grin faded into embarrassment. Sapnap put his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants and mumbled an apology. Saying something guilt-inducing always worked on Sapnap, even if it was true.