Chapter 01

"Come back!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, trying to run as fast as my legs would carry me

"Come back!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, trying to run as fast as my legs would carry me. I was running out of breath, and yet I continued to run after the two boys in front of me as they continued to look smaller, with the distance between us getting larger and larger until they finally disappeared before my eyes.

"Charlie! Zee!" I yelled once more. "I'm so going to tell mom on you!"

Instead of listening to me or my threats of snitching on our mom, the two of them ran even faster. Knowing that they were too stubborn, I gave up on my mission of giving the two of them a piece of my mind. I stopped running, almost stumbling and falling face-first to the ground, but I was lucky to get ahold of myself, leaning on my knees with both of my hands.

Trying to calm myself, I try to stand upright with my hands on my waist, my chest heaving heavily with every deep breath I try to take without choking on air. I run my fingers through my hair, damp from the sweat trickling down my forehead.

"You cheaters!" I yelled even though I knew that they wouldn't hear me with the distance they made from running away from me. I sighed, irritation buzzing inside me, knowing that my own two brothers cheated just to escape cabin chores.

Look, I didn't want to be the younger sister of twin brothers.

If you're reading this to learn how I managed to live with two of the most stubborn people in the entire world, meaning to say, having twin older brothers, my advice is: close this book right now. Be grateful for being an only child or having normal siblings and try to live a normal life.

Being the younger sister of twin older brothers is exhausting. It's tiring. But most of the time, you will be reminded that they are the first friends you ever had and probably the best.

Having older siblings is a pain in the butt, especially when they beat you at training or practice. If you have normal siblings living with a normal family, then you're in luck. You don't have to suffer living in a household filled with water pranks waiting for you at every door and hallway. For those confused only children reading this book, your house is your battleground, your room is your territory, and your siblings will either be your allies or enemies.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Cordelia Celestine Chase-Jackson.

I am fourteen years old. Until a few minutes ago, I was on the verge of winning another sparring match with one of my older brothers. Winners get to skip cabin chores for a week, while losers have to do cabin chores. But in a not-so-surprising turn of events, my brothers ganged up on me and cheated, earning me my loss.