Chapter 09

"Come on, Argus is waiting for us

"Come on, Argus is waiting for us."

Via tugs me by the shirt to bring me back to reality. I didn't realize that I had been standing outside of the campgrounds, staring at the hidden entrance. It's been a month since my parents drove me and my brothers to camp at the beginning of the summer break. I didn't realize that so many things happened in such a short period of time.

"Delia," It was Alix's voice. "We have to go."

I turned around and saw the two of them waiting for me with concerned looks on their faces. I don't know if they're worried for me or themselves because as soon as we walk towards Argus, there really is no looking back.

Argus is at the other side of the bottom of the hill. He's waiting for us right next to a camp van parked at the side of the road. I looked around to see if there were any people but I reminded myself that even if there were people on the road. None of them would be moving.

"Hey, Argus!" Alix waved to him. Argus raised his hand to give us a small wave, but as usual, he didn't say anything to us as we boarded the van.

"You're driving us to New York, right?" Via asked as we heard Alix closing the door next to him. Getting us a ride to the city was the last thing that Chiron could do for us. "We should arrive sooner since there won't be any moving traffic."

I shook my head, "But there would still be unmoving traffic once we get to New York. Argus can't go any further than just getting us near the city."

Since everything is frozen right now, this means that we don't have to worry about any mortals or city traffic. But because everything and everyone is frozen in its place since the curse spread weeks ago, this meant that we would still be barricaded once we got to New York. Having someone to drive us to the city makes the beginning of the quest easier since there's no public transport to take us anywhere.

"Okay, Delia, what's the plan?" Via asked as soon as Argus started driving. The van began moving faster than usual since our driver knew he wouldn't hit anything. "Once we get to New York, where's our next stop?"

I raised a brow and looked at my best friends who are seated at the opposite sides of me. "What do you mean? Wait, why are you asking me?"

"Duh!" Alix rolled his eyes. Okay, Via is really rubbing off of him. "Because you're the leader?"

"Since when was I the leader?" I asked and looked at both of them with a confused look on my face because I genuinely didn't know that I was supposed to lead the quest. After all, we never had time to talk about it last night. "We didn't really set up any roles before leaving camp."

Via sighed and placed a hand on mine, while Alix gave me a look, "Delia, of course you're the leader. Who else would it be? The prophecy said to go South and to the Sea of Monsters. With you being the literal granddaughter of Poseidon, we wouldn't be stupid enough to lead a quest when it's under your domain."