Chapter 12

"Oh my gods, Alix!"

"Oh my gods, Alix!"

Having a Greek god as a parent or grandparent would probably sound like a dream if I was a normal teenage mortal. But, unfortunately, I am a legacy which means that death and danger is already printed on my birth certificate.

A good example of the many dangers that I have to face is almost crashing into cars and enduring one minute heart attacks from almost killing innocent mortals by almost hitting them with a sidecar.

"Can you actually drive this thing or are you trying to kill us?!" Via yelled while gripping tightly on her seat with one hand and the other was making sure her helmet didn't fly away. "What have I ever done to you?!"

With how fast we were going, I could barely hear Alix's laugh. I wrapped my arms around his torso tighter when he made another sudden turn to avoid crashing to the third SUV that we almost hit today.

We left New York as early as possible to make sure that we don't waste any daylight if we want to keep moving. Thankfully, the storm ended overnight and we were met with clear skies and a bright, shining sun. We ate the food that we could at home before we left and packed some in our bags because we didn't know when we could find the time to eat again throughout the day. But as soon as Alix started driving, I regretted it immediately when I began to feel a little nauseaus.

"We can't waste any time," He looked over his shoulder so that Via and I could hear him. "If we're going to save the world, going over the speed limit shouldn't be a problem. So you better hold on tighter, girls, Blu's going to soar."

Alix apparently christened the blue sidecar that we're on after the blue macaw from the movie Rio just this morning. My arms that were already wrapped tightly around Alix became tighter⸺if that's even possible. By soaring, I'm guessing he means he's going to go even faster to the point that we start to feel like we're flying in the air. I don't even know what Alix did for a run-down sidecar to go this fast.

My heartbeat began to go quicker as if it's trying to copy how fast we're going now. I looked up at the clear blue sky and glared briefly at the sun and whispered: Apollo, would you be angry if I drowned your grandchild? The sun shimmered as if the sun god actually heard me.

I don't know how long we were riding that death trap, but we eventually made it to another city before we finally ran out of gas. I almost thanked the gods out loud the moment I felt the sidecar slowing down and making some weird noise by the engine.

"Ladies, welcome to New Jersey!"

We stopped on a somewhat empty street and parked the sidecar there, so Alix could see what seemed to be the problem with his new machine. Personally, I think Blu's problem could be that Alix made him into a death trap that could run at the speed of light. I would rather ride a plane than that thing; and believe me, I don't like planes.

"Looks like we're stuck here for a bit," He said as I got off and helped Via take a seat on the side of the street before she could pass out or have a heart attack. "When do you think we can start moving again?"