𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚕

╔. ■ .               ═══════╗
𝙅𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙉𝘼𝙇
╚═══════                . ■ .╝

Teddy Bear by Melanie Martinez replaying...
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

NIRAGI.

You push yourself away from the very close distance between your noses. You almost felt like you were going to choke when your breath hitched so suddenly.

Niragi tilts his head, pursing his lips as he looks around the field, leaning on the wall, looking quite proud that he created an erratic reaction from you. "Did I scare ya?"

Still, a little shaken, you slowly nod your head in response, not even sure about your answer when your body tells it. Niragi chuckles, "Sorry about that, darling. I just can't pass up a good scare."

You furrow your brows, leaning your face away even further. Darling. Such an uncommon name he's used for you – it was usually babe. And that nickname had no meaning to him – so what is this darling for? Staring at him, you try to recall the times he has ever called you by that sweet nickname but no other scenarios have shown in your memory.

Taking note of your silence, Nragi chuckles again, "So... who were you looking for?" He asks, putting his hands in his pockets this time while you try to come up with an answer but your eyes were too loud for you to see – your eyes were telling you to feel weary and that's what Niragi sees, so he leans away.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks.

"What made you think I was in love with you?" A voice echoes in your head, it was dangerously similar to Niragi's current voice now. And that was because it is – it was your first life all over again. You have to be careful what you say next. You don't want him to think you're annoying or you'll be a pushover, but you don't want him to be attached or your second life will only restart.

"I... was looking for Karube – Chota planned to surprise him by hiding me here..." You answer with a voice that sounded a little quiet than you expected.

"Oh? Is that why you didn't attend the practice today?"

You raise a brow for a moment, a little skeptical if you should answer this honestly or coax it. 'What was the need to ask that question anyway?' Choosing to take the precaution of staying in the safe zone, you answer,

"I guess you can say that but I was busy with something else."

Niragi raises a brow this time, "And what would that be?"

'Why would you want to know?' is the first question that pops into your head but naturally, you can't bring yourself to say it knowing if you did, your fate will only align itself to your second life.

"Studies."

"Ah. Is that so? That's so boring" He chuckles again, which was kind of odd now that you noticed his nervous attitude – the way he's scratching the back of his neck, chuckling for already the third time. To you, he seems a little cheery than your previous two last lives.

"Boring... huh, you hate boring stuff don't you?" You mumble at him, chuckling at your words but you didn't find anything funny about it. Boring – that's what you were to him in the first life and yet you still don't know what made him react the way he did in your second life.