Chapter XXIII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

At the hospital, Naruto was asleep in his bed, while Sakura and (Y/N) sat next to Sai's. The oldest of the four still had bandages on him.

Sakura was busy cutting apples for Sai, who was sat up, reading some of his books.

Sakura: Look at you, sneaking out like that before your injuries were healed. And what did it get you? Right back in the hospital.

(Y/N): Hey, I'm doing fine.

He flinched in pain and rubbed his back.

(Y/N): Just a little bit sore...

Sakura: Yeah, right. You should be in your own hospital room resting.

(Y/N): I said I'm fine...ish.

Sai laughed and looked up at Sakura.

Sai: It says here that's what friends do. They rush to each other's aid in times of crisis.

Sakura: Huh? You're reading manga now? Oh, boy. You're acting really random these days, Sai.

(Y/N): You missed him a few days ago when he was reading yaoi.

Sakura: <blushing> Eh?! For real?

Sai: I thought it would help me get closer to Naruto and (Y/N).

(Y/N): Yeah, but I think that would've made you a little too close.

Sakura: D-Do you still have some here, Sai?

(Y/N) and Sai both raised their eyebrows at her. She blushed even more.

Sakura: Uh, so I can return them to the library! Yeah, that's right!

(Y/N): —__—

Sai motioned to the bag next to his bed. Sakura grabbed it and then handed him the apple slices.

Sakura: A-Anyway, here.

Sai stared at the food.

Sakura: Hm? What's wrong?

Sai: <looking at a book> The book also says when a woman feeds you, it's a sure sign that she likes you. It's not like I'm testing you or anything.

He made a semi-smug face. (Y/N) snorted.

Sakura: <sighs> For goodness' sake. Give me a break, will you?

Naruto made a noise.

Naruto: Ahh, Sakura...

The three turned to look at Naruto who was snuggling with his pillow in his sleep.

Naruto: <mumbling> I'm already stuffed... I couldn't eat another bite, really. Oh, well, if you insist, Sakura. Okay. For you, maybe I can...

Sakura glared at Naruto.

(Y/N): Uh, okay then.

Sakura stuffed an apple in Naruto's mouth. He started thrashing around.

Sai: Hmm... The manner in which Sakura fed Naruto that apple, it must mean that she—

Sakura started groaning.

Sakura: (Y/N), help me!! Why do I have to be on a team with these morons?

She crushed an apple in her hand. (Y/N) just chuckled.