Chapter 3

[Confessions to be made]
.
.
.

"I'm-... why would you ever love someone like me..?"

"I.. you're... I-I'll use a different way to explain this.. If I were the moon, you'd be the sun. If it weren't for your existence, would I have ever been relevant?"

"I.. Do you really..think like that..?"

"Heh...Does it matter to you, then? Does it matter to you, that I love you?"

"I.."

"Does it matter, even? Does it matter what I say to you, or will I just-"

"..Have to do it all again?"

The magenta haired boy could only look at him in shock. He didn't even know where to start, what was he meant to say?

"...I..It was only a guess but.. I've been having dreams about..you.. There was a lot of repeating scenes..a-and...they.."

"What happened in them, Jake? What did you see?"

He took Jake's trembling hands in his own, looking at him desperately for his answer.

"..you..died. In all of the..dreams. You always...died in them and..I just-..I was so scared that it wasn't a dream every time and that I wouldn't wake back up..and you'd be dead..forever.."

"How? Do you remember any of the ways I've died?"

He sounded like a frantic maniac, waiting desperately for the answer.

"..Well.. there was this one time where you were outside the clubroom..and you were all covered in bloody flowers.. there was another one just like the first one but-..."

"Vines pierced through my body?"

"H-how did-..y-yeah.."

"Were there any where I was found dead at my house?"

"..Mhm..two, actually.. Y-you were found dead in the kitchen once and the bathroom once...a-and I think there was once where you..f-fell off the..."

"Shh, don't finish that sentence. You're forcing yourself.."

"H-how did you know all this happened..? Did you truly experience this?"

"..."

"Tell me! Please..did you have to go through all that pain?"