Chapter 6

[Dream?]

"Sup. Been a while, hasn't it?"

"...Drew?"

"Ding, ding, ding. Odd dream, no?"

"...So you had the same dream? Was it an actual dream or..."

"...Well, at least I know the truth after that happened. A timeloop, that's what it was."

"S-so, do you remember what you said..? Y'know, about...that..?"

"... Forget about that if you won't return those feelings..For as long as they're not returned, is as long as they'll be pointless."

"...Drew?"

"What is it, Jake?"

"..."

"Hm?"

"Your feelings... They aren't pointless at all."

"... You're not lying to me, are you?"

"Listen, once we're out of this hospital, I'm going to just show you, that your feelings aren't pointless, because you shouldn't be concerned about me and how I feel."

"..Oh-..Well, I'll be.. looking foward to it."

He smiled, and it was the purest thing that Jake had ever seen. Even more than every pure and innocent angel in the world, and far greater than that of a saint.

"...Also. Why do the others not remember who you are? Did I really hit my head that hard?"

"Ah...You see, that's the complicated thing. I'm not a hundred percent sure. Everything that I've thought of was just purely my own speculation."

Time seemed to stop when they stared in silence, unsure of what everything was all about.

And it might've just been because time did in fact, stop.