•|17|• : Shattered Shrini

Wedding rituals went well. Nayakas and Varmas were happy. Pashupati took care of the little feast which was mandatory for the wedding.

Everyone retired to their camps. Yashomati asked little Rukmini to stay with her. Initially she refused to leave her mother but they knew Rukmini has to leave for her in law's house tomorrow itself. Hence, Leelavati encouraged Rukmini to stay with Yashomati. Since, there Rukmini got a play mate Vrinda who was almost same age of Rukmini, she happily joined Yashomati.

The nightfall took place earlier than usual. Rukmini and Vrinda played together until they fell asleep.

Though the family rejoiced a celebration the upcoming incident had it's own ways to destroy things.

Pashupati was unable to sleep anymore. He tried his best but yet he failed to close his eyes for sleeping. He decided to take a walk. Tirupati has it's own charm in the form of nature. Enjoying it's cool breeze he crossed the protection band of soldiers of Kapilatheertha and moved further only to get caught by the gang of strong ruthless men.

They wrapped him with a blanket before he could realise the surroundings and carried him towards their leader Ghora, one of the chieftains Karkatas.

Pashupati was realised and pushed infront of Ghora who was devouring the finely cooked meat of a deer.

Pashupati was not a brave kind of being. Since childhood he knew his elder brother Vaidyanatha would rule and hence he didn't showed interest in learning warfare sort of thing. He lived under his parents and brother's protection and was habituated with it. The sudden appearance of danger in the form of Ghora, drained his little courage too.

" Come one surrender all your belongings or else get ready to die " Ghora said.

" No I don't have anything please let me go " He begged.

" You look like a rich man probably a royal fellow. How come you don't have anything? Don't lie .... We don't hesitate to behead you " Ghora said pointing his sword towards Pashupati's neck.

" No currently I don't have anything. My brother and his family are staying there they have everything. Please leave me me and wife will leave this area itself " Pashupati spilled out everything in order to save his life.

The gang of Karkatas were overjoyed. They knew they are going to have a massive collection of valuable things today. Ghora withdrew his sword and grabbed Pashupati's collar.

" Come on lead us to your camp don't try to act smart okay!? You can slip away today but not everyday. Mind it " Ghora said.

Pashupati agreed and led them towards the camps where both Nayakas and Varmas rested.

He moved forward and ordered the security troops to gaurd the other side saying it is vulnerable for the robbers to enter.

Harshavardhana too came out to take some fresh breeze. Pashupati's action didn't went unnoticed by him.

He soon entered his camp and pulled his wife Devamba and infant son Vijaya out and started running away after signalling Karkatas.

" Pashupati" Harshavardhan called out for him. But Pashupati just hid his face and sneaked away. Janardhana too came out of his camp from the other side.

Harshavardhana realised the situation quickly he soon spotted Karkatas entering.

They were large in numbers even more than the combined forces of Kapilatheertha and Ratnagarbha.

Alarmed Harshavardhan soon alerted the troops and charged over them without wasting time.

Janardhana was a boy of 16 then, initially a bit of fear occupied his heart looking at the fights going on infront of him.