21!| The Fall of Khaenri'ah

╔═══════《✧》═══════╗

╔═══════《✧》═══════╗

許せない

╚═══════《✧》═══════╝

"Welcome to Qaeat Almaerifa!" [Y/n] introduced, her arms wide open to show rows and rows of books on shelves of different heights. Stairs shifted from side to side, up down left right as if having a mind of their own. 

Aether and Paimon gasped at the magnificent sight, looking up to see endless rows of books and books, "What is this place?" Paimon gasped, flying around to get a better look.

"The halls of Knowledge, if you didn't notice, its name originates from Sumeru," [Y/n] explained, tilting her head to motion towards the direction of where they should go, "The overworld is a place to help people pass on," she took out a book from a shelf right next to her, "In order to help some of them, we need to seek their past, for example-" pointing at the title of the book and then opening the hardcover, seeing a person's picture on the first page, "this book tells this person's story, and the names below it are the other book titles related to him,"

Aether nodded in response, "Do you take account of only the dead?"

"Oh no," the archon shook her head, "White covers are for those who are still alive, black for those who have died, brown for the history of an event, and gold for non-human beings,"

"Paimon is wondering how you keep track of all of this," The faerie scratched her head, "Even Paimon is already struggling to remember all of Teyvat as a tour guide,"

 "This library was created by a magnificent scholar from Sumeru," [Y/n] explained, "He manages this library- his goal was to correct all history... until he was assassinated in a fire for finding out what he shouldn't," she whispered the last part, a sympathetic look on her face, "but that's okay! because now he can know anything and everything he wants under my supervision," she tried to cheer up the mood, "Come on, I want you to meet him," 

The group proceeded to walk towards the center of the building, noticing a large circle-like desk with floating books everywhere, seemingly writing themselves. A deep purple tophat floated slightly above the desk.

"Ayaan? It's me," [Y/n] called out, leaning on the desk

"oW!" A male voice sounded from under the desk as the floating top hat jolted up. The hat slowly rose from its initial position, revealing a royal magician-like outfit with white gloves, a monocle on where the face is supposed to be floated, facing the group of people

"H-He's invisible?!" Paimon screeched, causing Aether to nudge her shoulder and whispered to her, reminding her to be respectful. 

"Ayaan!" [Y/n] cheered, hopping over the desk to hug the taller male, "It's been so long!"