Chapter 8

That night I couldn't sleep. Nobody was there with me and all I could think about was that text of Calum. I wished Elijah wasn't so angry with him. They meant it in a good way, anyway. The only thing I could think about was that I should thank Calum for, yeah, everything actually. That's sounds fucking cheesy, but he sort of did a lot for me and all I knew was that he was in a band and his name was Calum. And that was a shame. Since you couldn't talk about sleeping that night, I started thinking about calling someone. Only, I didn't know who. So that idea was as useless as sleeping, so I started to listen to some music. Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Foo Fighters,... Scrolling through my music I couldn't find any songs I wanted to listen. Until I suddenly saw this one song: Check yes Juliet - Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford cover.

'What the hell did those little fuckers with my music' I whispered to myself, but a little smile appeared on my face. I pressed play.

"Lace up your shoes-

"AYO AYO"

"Oh what comes now..."

"Run baby run?"

".... Oh"

"RUN BABY RUUUUN"

I was starting to just laugh at them, ignoring the little pain in my whole body. They were such dorks. As soon as Elijah was here I would show him this, oh god. Suddenly I heard knocking on the door.

"Aria?"

"Is it you Elijah?" I asked. I heard a grump as response.

"You still pissed?" I asked him again. He must've been.

"A little"

"A little as in I still am?"

"A little as in we're fine" He forced a smile.

"Good, since I don't hear any screaming girls outside the hospital anymore, you can listen to this now." I let him listen to Check Yes Juliet and, as I hoped, he started laughing at the song as much as I did.

"They're such losers, I can't get that they're famous because of covering songs while forgetting half of the lyrics. And they didn't delete those videos?" Elijah chuckled

'Nope, I'm going to watch all their little covers the moment I get home and the whole band is gonna sit next to me while I watch them and I'm gonna laugh at them in their face." Elijah started Laughing at my idea.

"No, you won't"

"yeah, I will, I'm serious. Stop laughing at me!

"I'm not" but he just kept on laughing.

"Shut up." And I started laughing too, but my ribs weren't hurting that much anymore.

"Talking about going home," Elijah said seriously when we stopped laughing, "The nurses told me you can go home tomorrow afternoon, that's nice isn't it?"

"You serious?"

"Yeah, but tomorrow morning, we first got to see if you can walk, then you can pack your stuff and you can go home, okay?"

"Well that's a surprise." This was so much sooner than I expected. "Uhm, Elijah, can I ask you something?"

"Sure" He smiled

"How is everything, you know, with your dad?" There was this light in his eyes that suddenly turned black and he looked very sad. I immediately felt sorry for asking. "I'm sorry just forget I ask-"

"No, it's just... I still don't know where he is right now. But it's okay, I mean, this guy who works with my dad called last night to tell me there were only two men who were being held hostage. And It's a small chance my dad is one of them because he works on another department as those two guys. But still, when you hear that, and two minutes later you get to see those 4 musicians, causing this trouble, in your hospital room, somewhere they shouldn't be. It's all confusing you know."