Shielded from pain

***Desiree's POV***

After the introductions I walked calmly away there was no use sticking around, I had a cafe to run! I took Giuls with me and jumped in my car, strapping her into her car seat i closed my door and sped off, checking my rear view mirror i saw Rafe, watching my car speed away. 

Once i got to the cafe I unlocked all the doors and started setting up, Giuls tried to help by pulling chairs out but ended up just getting in the way! Oh well i thought, at least she tries i smiled. "Mommy, why was the other Alpha looking so scary?" Giuls asked. "He was a mean person to someone a long time ago sweetheart, mean people lose the people they are mean to" I said and watched as my words sunk in. "Was he mean to you mommy?" She asked and I replied "Sweetie, he was mean to a lot of people." Her face shone with admiration for me and I smiled as she jumped up on one of the stools in the kitchen. "Teach me how to make the yummy foods you make Mom!" She pleaded and i caved, "OK sweets but you have to listen carefully!" I said. She nodded vigorously and so i began to teach her the recipies that my mother taught me. 

***4 hours later*** 

After baking and selling for four hours both me and my little angel Guils were worn out, full and covered in flour. "Ok dear lets go home hmm?" I said and smiled when her mouth formed a little o when she yawned. "Ok mama.Can we take the last cookie home?" She said clutching a melting chocolate chip cookie in her palm. I grinned and said Ok. Closing up the shop took no time at all and soon we were walking up the dirt track path to the house. "Desi!!! " I heard a yell coming from inside the house, Giuls and I ran up to the door to see Rissa getting tackled by a growling playful puppy. "Snider! Let go!" I yelled at my adorable puppy. His eyes went round and cute, kind of like puss and boots's eyes. "Aww i can't stay mad at you I ruffled his fur and tickled his tummy before scenting a foul stench. Well to be honest it was the most wonderful thing i had ever smelt and I hated that he still smelt that way.

 "Desiree." One word that brought out all my hatred and anger. "Hmm?" I turned around and looked him in the eyes. Rafe. My soulmate/worst enemy. "What can i do for you Sir?" I acted distanced and polite, for Giuls sake. "Giullietta, come to Maman." I said, pulling my daughter close. "Sir? Desiree it's  me, Rafe!" He said, frustrated that I 'didn't know him.' I shook my head and said, "Sorry Sir, i don't know you." I turned as i heard a car pull up on the driveway. "Desi! My girl!" I turned towards the voice and saw him, Ryder! "Ryder!!! I thought you weren't back for 3 more days!" I yelled and left a stunned Rafe on the porch. "I know but i just missed you both so much!" He grinned and bent down to pick Giuls up "Hey baby girl, has your mommy been behaving?" He tapped her nose and she giggled. "Nope! She didn't let me eat more cookies!" she pouted and i giggled "Oh yes because thats how that conversation went haha." He set Giuls down and turned to me, "Hello Dear." I smiled widely and kissed him full on the lips. "Hello, my love." I heard a roar from behind me and the sound of ripping clothes, then Rafe was gone.

Hey GUYS!!! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! i know i've been real slack with the updating but hopefully these 2 chaps make up for it!!

XXOXOXOXOX Georgia