T H I R T Y - S I X

"Alpha.." Taehyung inaudibly whispers, eyes slowly fluttering open.

Jeongguk gasps, his previous wave of sadness long forgotten.

"Taehyung!" He quickly shoots up to get a fresh glass of water, handing it to him. Grabbing it, the omega soothes his abnormally sore throat, gulping all of it down.

"It hurts.." He voiced, hissing in pain.

"I know it does, pup. But you'll be okay. I promise. The healer said once you'd wake up, you'll be alright."

Taehyung softly nods, inhaling the alpha's calming scent.

"How'd you manage to find a healer?" The omega wonders quietly, no idea what happened after he passed out against that tree in the middle of nowhere.

Jeongguk pulls him impossibly closer.

"I used a scent-blocker and went to your old pack. I found Jimin and told him what happened, he spoke to the healer for me. God, Taehyung, when I found you there you made me so worried. I was so scared of losing you again."

Taehyung smiles sadly, coughing when the burn in his throat reoccurs.

The alpha refilled the glass and pats Taehyung's hair softly, watching as he takes another few sips.

"Thank you.."

Jeongguk grins, "No need to thank me, darling. 'M just trying to be a good alpha for you."

Taehyung looks up, staring into the male's caring eyes filled with adoration and hope now that he's awake again.

"You are a good alpha, Jeongguk. The best."

The alpha averts his gaze, not sure how to respond and the words of the two wolves lingering in his mind. His wolf wants to bask in pride at the compliment, but his own conscious was haunting him.

He isn't.

Taehyung frowns seeing his reaction, noticing the scent of his that turned sour.

He lays back a little more comfortably, letting his wolf do his job and heal him the quickest he can. He assumes it'll take around three days, before he feels a bit better than decent again.

"Alpha, talk to me. What's on your mind?"

Jeongguk glances over, biting on his tongue. He's conflicted. Does he tell the truth? Of course he wants to, but what if the omega wants to get away from him once he does? He wouldn't even blame him. But considering the shape he's in─

"It's alright, pup. I can tell you some other time." He smiles faintly.

Taehyung shakes his head, determined.

"No, tell me, please. I want to be there for you the best I can. You've done so much for me. Please let me be there for you."

The alpha sighs, shutting his eyes close, not even sure where to start. He holds onto Taehyung's hand again, his thumb softly tracing patterns on it.

"Remember when we had that conversation about the rumour about me?"

Taehyung nods, biting his lip, not sure what to expect.

"Well.. I─ I lied to you, pup," He admits quietly, for once not daring to meet a submissive's eyes.

Taehyung's breath hitches, eyes slightly widening. He suspected it, but he was actually right?

Not wanting to judge too soon after all that has happened, he listens intently as the other continues. He must have a good reason, right?

"Basically, I haven't always been all alone. Actually, I did know my parents. However they eventually abandoned me, at the age of twelve. I've been living here alone ever since,"