The Watchman Of Asgard

"Talk"

'Thought'
_________________
"Ugh…"

Back at the top of the rock tower, where the sun begins to rise and shine upon the tip of the pillar, a certain Weiss Schnee could be seen slowly waking up and sitting up, groaning tiredly, clearly sleeping without a proper bed didn't allow her to rest properly, and only using her backpack as a pillow and her jacket as a blanket most definitely didn't help the situation, though as she tried to rub away her soreness and stretch to wake herself more, she quickly rubbed her eyes before opening them, and was a bit surprised to see Heimdall, awake and most likely never went to sleep, he just continued to stand at the same spot, never once moving from it

"H-Have you been standing there the entire night?"

Weiss tilted her head slightly, a bit confused as to why he was still up and just standing there

"... It's my job as a Watchman to, well, keep watch."

Heimdall decided not to argue or avoid the question, but instead humored her by answering it and hoping to move on

"And what are you keeping watch for?"

Weiss, once she had woken up, did a few more stretches and splash some water on her face before continuing to ask him questions. She was a bit curious, mainly about what he was doing, but also genuinely wanted to learn more about him. This made him sigh.

"For intruders."

"What kind of intruder?"

"The kind that plans to hurt what I'm protecting."

"And what are you protecting?"

"My home."

"Your home? Do you mean this rock pillar?"

"No, this is the entrance."

"The entrance? How is this an entrance? And to what? Where does it lead?"

"That is none of your concern, all you need to know is that certain people, like you, aren't welcome and aren't supposed to be here."

While they continued playing 20 Questions, Weiss took the time to clean and properly herself, grab an apple for herself and Heimdall, and simply sat next to him, talking to each other while enjoying the view.

"... How long have you been keeping watch?"

"I stopped counting after reaching a billion."

"... D-Days?"

"Years."

"A BILLION YEARS?!"

"Don't yell at me, your thoughts are loud enough already."

"I-I'm sorry, but a billion is a very large number."

"Well I was born when the first oceans on this planet were formed."

"WHAT?!"

"I said stop yelling."

"B-But, how are you still alive? How can you be that old? It just… it just doesn't make sense to me."

"I don't expect a Mortal to understand how a God works."

Weiss was having his mind blown repeatedly by all this piece of information that Heimdall kept sharing with him, his mind couldn't comprehend what he was hearing, but once he said that he was a god, he couldn't help but just fall on his back and look as if his brain had been fried, which amused him to see her suffer like this

"I-I can't believe God actually exists…"

"'Gods', I'm not the only one."

"T-There's more?..."

"A whole pantheon of them, yes, though for your world in particular, there are only two that you need to concern yourself with."

"... What kind of God are you?"

"Foresight, Surveillance, Order and Foreknowledge, though if you're asking for my specific role, then it's to prevent Ragnarok from destroying my home."

"Ragnarok? What's that?"

"Nothing for you to worry about, you'll probably be dead before it actually happens."

"I see…"

Another moment of silence fell between them, as Weiss processed what she had just been told. Now questioning herself if any of it was true, because most of what she had been told was too unbelievable to believe. Not like Heimdall cared; he wouldn't defend himself if she doubted what he said. It wasn't his concern to worry about such a thing.

'Almost makes me wish Thor was here, at least he is quiet and would have Mead to share.'

"The people you are protecting must be glad to have you around."

"Huh?"

Heimdall snapped out of his thoughts to look at Schnee, confused and wasn't expecting her to say that because he had been distracted by his own thoughts.

"You said you were protecting your home for over a billion years, right? I can't imagine anyone being as dedicated as you, I can't help but admire that."

Weiss then looked at the Watchman and gave him a small, but warm smile

"So I hope the people you are guarding are glad to have such a caring person like you watching over and protecting them."

Though despite Weiss trying to be considerate to Heimdall, saying what he does was impressive and something to praise and look up to, her words actually did the opposite, as he then suddenly frowned and looked away from her, though she didn't notice his sudden change in mood.

"... Shut up…"
___________________
BTW, Heimdall is stronger than the Godly Brothers, not really important information, just something to point out lol, but yeah, a simple chapter, just a lot of talking and getting to know each other, hope you don't mind me changing the lore a bit for Heimdall and any other God Of War stuff, especially the part where all Godly characters are evil and such… Except for Odin, he's still the main villain, right next to Salem

(SOOOOO, even though it's not entirely necessary, what are your thoughts of some romance for Heimdall? Because I do have some ideas~)

/Heimdall X ? Options\

X Weiss: For obvious reasons, also it's not that hard to see why, Heimdall has been with Weiss for her entire life, treating her kindly but isn't afraid to speak his mind, loyal but isn't a mindless follower, and they can understand each other loneliness, so it's not entirely weird or unreasonable to see the young Schnee have a crush for him, also Heimdall knowing Weiss has a thing for him would be funny lol~

(Also while Heimdall is most likely older than Salem, at least he doesn't look like Odin in terms of age, he looks pretty young for his age, maybe early to mid 20s, so it could work after Weiss grows a bit older, at least in my opinion)

X Winter: This idea is mostly for those that can only see Heimdall as a older brother for Weiss, also because I can see the two relate and get along with each other, both wanting to protect and wish for the best for Weiss, and while Winter is still a bit more serious compared to Heimdall ego arrogant asshole ness, they are still similar in some cases.

(Though Heimdall might have some low opinion on Ironwood)

X Willow: Now this idea is for those who can only see Heimdall as a father figure for Weiss, also to those that want to see Willow do more in the story and not just a random character in the background.

(Must warn you though, might result in Heimdall, 'Causing Trouble', with Father Schnee)

X Schnee Harem: Will most likely not do this idea, but just letting you know that this idea exists lol

(If Heimdall had 9 mother's, why can't he have 3 wives lol~}

X Glynda: Possibly the only character who isn't a Schnee that I can see Heimdall getting along with, they're also kind of similar in terms of being loyal and caring about what they believe in.

(Though Heimdall will greatly dislike Ozpin)