Stage Fright

JayWon

  Jungwon is supposed to be on stage is 20 minutes, but he was nowhere to be found. Everyone was worried for him, but the person who was the most worried was his boyfriend, Jay.

  " Wonnie? This is not the time to play hide and seek, please come out. " Jungwon heard Jay say. He let out a sigh, and came out of the bathroom stall he was hiding in. " You got me so worried, c'mon it's almost your turn. " Jay held Jungwon's hand, but the other yanked his hand back.

  " I - I don't want to go... " Jungwon whispered, not taking his eyes off the floor. " What's wrong? Weren't you excited about this? Are you sick? " Jay worriedly asked, it wasn't like Jungwon to step out of things he planned for months. " I JUST DON'T WANT TO GO! " Jungwon yelled.

  Now something was really wrong, even when Jungwon was angry, he never shouted. "How about we don't throw a fit and instead solve this problem together? This is what we always do. " Jay said, maintaining his composure. " Fine. " Jungwon muttered.

  " You're not usually like this. Is there anything you're worried about? " Jay asked. " There are so many people...  I'll probably get a voice crack if I go on stage... " Jungwon said. " So? If you get a voice crack, that doesn't mean you aren't good at singing. There are so many great singers in the world who has at least have a voice crack before. " Jay replied.

  " But.. still. What if they don't like me? The one and only Bang Si Hyuk is there, I'll make a big fool out of myself. " " Well? Stop with the what ifs. The only way that you'll find out is if you try. I'm totally fine if you don't want to do it, but you practiced for 3 months just for this moment. Would you want it all going to be going to waste? " Jay said, caressing Jungwon's arm.

   " I-I can't do it... I'm scared, Jay... " Jungwon broke out in tears. Jay immediately hugged him after seeing him cry. " You don't need to do it then, let's pack up and leave okay? " Jay said, patting the other's back to make Jungwon stop crying. 

  " Guys, we won't be going for the audition. We're going home, good luck guys. " Jay said, making everyone turn over to them. " What?! You can't out now, didn't you read the application? You can't step out 2 days before the audition, let alone 10 minutes! " A contestant said.

  " Won...? " Jay started. " Do you want me to talk to th- " " It's fine, I'll just go on stage... not that big of a deal... " Jungwon mumbled. "Are you sure? You know it's not a- " " I'm fine, babe. And just like you said, this is a big opportunity. " Jungwon smiled and gave a peck to Jay.

  " Good luck, I know you can do this. " Jay smiled to his boyfriend. " Gosh I'm nervous.... " Jungwon said, and thoughts started making its way through his mind. What if someone posts this on the internet? What if they laugh at me

  Jay seemed to notice this and lightly hit the other's head. " Yah, stop thinking about those negative what ifs. Think about what if you succeed their expectations and about your future if you do. You'll be able to do something you love, and you'll be so popular. " Jay said, but before Jungwon can respond, it was his turn to go up on stage.

  " H-Hello... My name is Yang Jungwon, and I'll be performing H-Home by Seventeen... " Jungwon said into the mic, fiddling with his sleeves. " Jungwon! Ah, I've been looking forward to you, don't be nervous. The stage is yours. " A man said, also known as the one and only Bang Si Hyuk.

  'Cause I'm your home, home, home, home (Home, home, home, home)
  Because you're my home, home, home, home
  네가 울 수 있는 곳
  나도 울 수 있는 곳

  The audience clapped, and Jungwon bowed. The performance went well, he managed to flawlessly dance while singing the notes. " Thank you, Jungwon. The results will be shown after the last performance, you may step off the stage now. " Bang Si Hyuk said.

  Jungwon didn't know if he was going crazy or not but he saw that the one and only Bang Si Hyuk smile during his performance, and he looked pleased too.

  " You did it, babe! " His boyfriend said, lifting him off the ground and hugging him. " I did! And it's because of you. " Jungwon smiled.
---------------------------------------------------

   " It's time to announce the 7 winners to debut in our new boy group. " Bang Si Hyuk said. "First, let's get our one and only... Soobin from TXT to announce them! " The audience clapped and screamed when Soobin entered the stage.

  " Let's get started straight away. Contestants, cross your fingers and toes! " Soobin yelled into the mic. 

  " The seventh winner with a total of 323,801 votes... Kim Sunoo! " Soobin said, and a boy with chubby cheeks walked up to the stage and said his speech. " Now onto the fifth person... Congrats to Park Sunghoon with an astonishing 498,102 votes! " A handsome boy walked up to the stage, bowing like a gentleman and said his speech too.

  Person after person after person came up to the stage, but not Jungwon. Until it was time to announce the second winner. " Yang Jungwon with 723,837 votes! " Jungwon's eyes widened. But he smiled like a maniac while going up to the stage.

  " I want to say, thank you for this great opportunity. I want to thank Bang Si Hyuk and all the seniors, you have inspired me so much through this journey. I would also like to thank Park Jongsung for encouraging me to come up to this stage and perform for all of you all. I promise to always give 100%! " 
---------------------------------------------------

  " I'm so proud of you! " Jay said, giving the tightest hug to Jungwon. " It's all because of you. " Jungwon gave a sheepish smile. " You were the one that performed, not me. "

  " I'll love you until my very last breath. Every beat of my heart is yours. I don't want to die without you knowing that. "

  Hello! How are you guys? I've been having a writer's block but I'm trying my best to write. School has also been piling up my time, but always take care of your mental and physical health! <3