Chapter - 5

Surprisingly I slept through the night and woke up in the morning.

I was still officially in the schools computer so might as well go today instead of wasting it away in my room or wandering around myself.

I got dressed and called Beth on the dorm phone.

She murmured a “hello?” sleepily.

“You know you have school today right?” I asked him.

She huffed “We don’t, teachers called it off” she told me weakly.

I felt dumb.

“Oops, sorry then. Sleep tight Beth!” I said chuckling and hung up.

I didn’t bother to change. I went out front of the dorm and inhaled the morning air. It was refreshing.

Then remembered I forgot to call Luke back.

I pulled out my cell. 27 missed call and 13 voice mails. Wow…

I called him.

“Hey there!” I said cheery when he picked up.

“Karen” he said in a warning tone.

“Change of plans?” I more questioned then said.

“You should have called!” he shouted.

“No need to get mad Luke! I just fell asleep!” I said getting aggravated.

He sighed loudly “So when are you really coming back?” he asked grumpily.

“The day after tomorrow…” I said quietly.

He sighed again “I guess there was no helping it” he stated. I was glad he became so understanding.

“Please” a female voice sounded in the background.

“Who was that?” I asked quickly and cautiously.

“Nobody” Luke said easily..

“If-“ I began wanting him to tell me who it really was.

“Listen I have to go okay? Call you tomorrow?” he asked urging me to be fast.

“Yeah” I replied and hung up without a goodbye.

Who was that really? No doubt I was going to think about it all day.

__

By late afternoon Beth and I were sitting with Aaron and Adrian drinking smoothies at the café located within the organization.

They were talking about a game that’s going to happen in two weeks. I felt so left out and I guess Adrian noticed.

“So Karen, where have you been all this time?” Adrian asked me curiously.

I looked to Beth who stopped her conversation and looked to me. “I was with my aunt, she’s sick so I had to take care of her seeing as I’m her only living relative left” I said trying to sound as honest as possible.

He nodded. “So are you coming back?” he asked.

I shook my head “I’m leaving the day after tomorrow” I said.

“Where does your aunt live?” he asked.

“Uh…Montana” I said. I felt bad using Montana’s name for ever cover up. I mean how did they come up with Montana anyway. Sorry Montana.

“I see” Adrian said sipping on his drink.

“yeah” I said having the last work.

We did some catching up and I found the two guys to be fun. I was happy for Beth, Aaron did seem to really like her.