Chapter 39

The worst thing that you can do for yourself is convince yourself that this is something that's your fault

The days went by like a blur without Stella, my days felt bad for not having her in the same roof with me knowing she's safe with us, but instead she's not here

Only Eliza and Milan were allowed to see her once the week that she was gone, they only had    Fifteen minutes to see and talk to her under the watch of the police.

Stella was going through a depression much worse then she had here the week before she was dragged out of here.

Milan and Eliza were trying their best to win the guardianship again but Pierre made it impossible for them, I wasn't even allowed to see her.

I tried to reach out but they didn't even cared to respond, I know they want me dead but using Stella as their weapon was low.

Milo and Lucas were released the day they arrested and never apologised to the officer for punching him but the officer was too good not to press charges against them.

I was at a meeting with Lorenzo trying the clients to buy products from us. It was already boring as my mind was with Stella how she was doing, if she ate something, if they did anything to her.

I heard a buzzing sound the whole time until Lorenzo touched my arm "I think someone is calling you" I zone in and look at him confused while he looked with sympathy.

The room was quiet and looked at me. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller Id thinking it would be Charles since he was worried about me the whole day.

It was a caller iD I didn't had contacted in my phone, I turned my phone to Lorenzo if I should accept it or not. His eyebrows narrowed looking hesitant at first but nods for me to accept the call.

I excuse my self and close the door behind and accept the call, I bring the phone close to my ear. I don't say anything, the first seconds waiting until the person speaks.

"Alice"

For gods sake Emilio

"Speak before, I hang up" I say harshly but I just hear his chuckles.

"I just wanted to inform that you could come visit your sister" he says

I want to believe him so badly but there's a feeling that tells me the opposite of it.

"You're lying"

"Why would I call you?"

"Alright send me the location" I shortly reply
"You're coming alone and I want to talk to Lorenzo"

Why does he want to talk Lorenzo?

I go back inside walking towards Lorenz, he instantly stands up. "Everything okay?"