Charles letter

Alice, my beautiful girl.

If you're reading this it means I'm already dead and you're for sure in jail or grieving over my dead and blaming yourself for it.

So it's true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love

As if I'm writing this, you're in front of me playing with Deniz and while you play right now you're smiling at me.

I want you to tell you something, I never wanted this to happen for you or me. You always wanted to have a normal life without any worry but unfortunately I couldn't give you that. Maybe in the afterlife if we meet again.

So, this was my life. And I want you to know that I am happy. and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Because you came back to my life after 18 years.

When you killed Emilio or thought you killed him, it wasn't him but his brother Enrique. You kept saying to me that your father kept telling you, it was Enrique. It was him.

I'm sorry.

He was also kidnapped by Emilio days before his own death. I lied to your face for months. And I'm sorry for from the bottom of my heart.

The day after the murder I've brought his dead body back to his family in spain so his family could sleep in peace knowing the brother and son they once knew was close and safe to them.

They don't blame you for your actions towards their son, they raged a lot to Emilio. How harsh he was to his own brother but Emilio didn't care about his brother only his reputation and the revenge Pierre couldn't finish.

I didn't only lie to you but to my whole family even Alessandro by telling Emilio's death. I protected you from his harm but now I couldn't do it.

The month after the incident, Emilio came to my office late at night and threatened me that I had to make a choice between keeping you safe or killing you with my own hands. So I took the safest option and that was killing me instead of you.

And I'm truly sorry Mia Cara, I only wanted to keep you safe.

I don't know if you do realise but the day I died was the exact day your parents died. He planned everything from the beginning until the end.

I hope you started a new life somewhere in the world because I do know you. You would blame yourself and run away from everything and everyone, don't blame yourself Alice. My blood isn't in your hands but on Emilio.

No matter where you go, you will always be in my heart.

I wish we could spend more time together for the fact also that you never going to see me again for the rest of your life, I want you to erase all the memories we shared. Find someone who loves you how I loved you from the day you were born.

I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality. I'd find you and I'd choose you.

Now I'm quietly waiting for the catastrophe of my personality to seem beautiful again, and interesting, and modern.

We were so close to forever.

Charles.