-SEVEN-

I watched you walk away
Hopeless with nothing to say

I screen my eyes
Hoping to see you again

This is my curse
(The longing)
This is my curse
(To)
This is my curse
(The yearning)
This is my curse

There is love burning to find you
Will you wait for me? Will you be there?

Your silence haunts me
But still I hunger for you

This is my curse
(The longing)
This is my curse
(To)
This is my curse
(The needing)
This is my curse

There is love burning to find you
Will you wait for me?

Still I want and still I ache
But still I wait to see you again

Dying inside these walls

Can I see your face in these tears?
In these tears and I see your face

There is love, there is love

-My Curse-Killswitch Engage-2006-

-RACHEL-

I'd woken up in a pit filled with blood, bones, and statues of Pazuzu. Every cell in my body radiated with pain, and I don't know how the hell I hadn't broken anything. I last remember that I'd fallen because Eric had been shot at. I need to get the hell out of here and get back to my team.

I heard strange noises, and something told me to keep moving and avoid whatever it was. Naram-Sin must have thrown sacrifices down here, but...some of the blood is fresher...people have died here recently.

"All call signs, this is King!" I try to hail someone on the radio. "How copy? Over!"

I could only catch some static, and I heard inhuman screeches. What the hell? It sounded like they were under attack. I couldn't move fast enough, but I'm going to try. I tore off one of my sleeves to make a torch. I'm unsure how fires are down here, but I won't worry about it. I see a tunnel that seems to run along the pit, so I go for it.

I'm halfway through when I hear a growl from behind me. I turn to see what looks to be one of our men, but...his skin is grey, his eyes are as white as his pupils, and I see horns and fangs protruding from his forehead and mouth.

"...What the fuck is going on here?" I wonder as he comes closer, baring his teeth at me.

I don't bother to appeal to whatever he's become. He's not human anymore. I take off down the tunnel as fast as possible, considering I'm waist-deep in blood. He managed to catch up to me, and I burned him with my torch and moved on. I can get out of the pit once I find a cliff that I can climb. I was still attached to the rope that Eric had used. It was still intact...I wonder what happened? Where the hell is he? Did he fall down here, too?

I searched for him in the pit, but I couldn't find him...maybe he died before he hit the ground, I'm not sure. After a while, I had to accept it and move on.