Chapter 8: Our New Home.

As they stepped into S.T.E.V.E, Jenny paused. She began to wonder if she was doing the right thing. Would Ranger be okay without her? Would her flock continue to prosper? What would her father think? 

    "Jenny, it's okay if you change your mind y'know." Reggie turned to face his beloved girlfriend. His face was serious and cold, but had an edge of genuine care for Jenny's happiness. He waited for Jenny to step forward, the air heavy and humid. 

    "Reg, what makes you think I'd ever leave you?" Jenny smiled as she bounded up the steps to embrace Reggie in a big bear hug. 

    "Ouch! Jen, be gentle please, you're strangling me!!" Jenny laughed and loosened her grip on Reggie. He broke free and caught his breath, chuckling to himself. Jenny took the seat in the middle of S.T.E.V.E, leaving Reggie to be flung against the walls. 

    "Oh no, not again...." Reggie sighed, dreading the ride to the future.

    "SO, ARE WE ALL READY TO GO??" S.T.E.V.E boomed. Jenny looked at Reggie and nodded. He proceeded to nod back. Suddenly, S.T.E.V.E shot up into the sky, the forest surrounding them turning into the very fabric of the space time continuum. Reggie flew towards the wall, turning him into a turkey pancake. Jenny laughed at him as he groaned from a mix of pain and embarrassment. As they began to reach their destination, S.T.E.V.E's speed slowed, and Reggie peeled himself off the wall, landing on the floor with a thud. 

    "Ow.....S.T.E.V.E, they really need to install more chairs into you.." Reggie whined, rubbing his head.

    "I'VE ASKED FOR MORE SEATS, BUT APPARENTLY I'M "TOO MUCH OF A LIABILITY" SO THEY DON'T WANT TO WASTE THOUSANDS ON ME." S.T.E.V.E complained, using the same flat robotic tone he always has. S.T.E.V.E sped up one last time as they broke through the fabric of the universe, reaching the dark night sky of the modern day world. Reggie smiled as he took in the sight of the familiar technology he missed so much, his face pressed forcefully against the clear wall. Jenny gawked at the sight. There were so many things she would have to learn.

    "Reggie....it's...beautiful." Jenny's heart filled with excitement.  S.T.E.V.E slowed down to begin the descent towards the forest below them. To Reggie's utter delight, he spotted a familiar red turkey among the trees. 

    "Jenny, look! It's Jake down below!!" Jenny unbuckled her seat belt and hurried towards Reggie. Sure enough, right beneath them stood Jake. They put their arms around each other as Jake looked up towards them. His face lit up, tears streaming down his cheeks. S.T.E.V.E landed with a boom, and he opened up the door to allow Reggie and Jenny to step out. They ran towards Jake, who stood motionless in front of S.T.E.V.E. Reggie hugged him tightly, tears beginning  to well up in his eyes. 

    "I missed you so much Reggie." 

A/N: sorry it's taken so long for this chapter to come out! I've been busy with schoolwork!!! Love all of you :))