Chapter 10

Morning came slowly as the sky was still dark and it seemed that the sun was just barely waking up now. Just like the rest of earth's small population waking up early but wishing to stay in bed. A lazy day that many wished to last a whole century of their lives. But they can't unless they wanted to live a rather short life instead. Men had to work and get jobs to provide and support for their families while their wives stayed home cleaning and cooking in the kitchen which would be seen as their only territory that they own in the damn house.

As for Jason, he was made to survey with a small platoon of fellow troops. It was around the city before they were informed to head to an endangered area of the city. The area was under attack by other road knights that are foolish enough to be caught and seen. Jason felt rage bubble up within him as if this war was a start or a bigger one later on in his life. Reminding him of his time back in Camelot a now-forgotten kingdom ruled by the mighty King Arthur. Who proved to be not as mighty as others had been led on.

Jason Blood was no fool then and most certainly not now.

He lacked trust and respect only his wisdom grew from then and even now he lacked the respect for a Knight. As many people in the poor, broken, polluted city had little faith in anything these days and had just let their fates be judged by a god that didn't care for them. To him, God was evil the sole definition of it but Jason would never speak poorly of him even when the said Lord can hear his every thought. Many hold vast opinions but none like his and would cast him out, throw him to the wolves some would say. Letting him die out in the barring wasteland that was the rest of the world.

So he was silent in all this and just been a good Knight, a good soldier like he had always been.