Chapter One

This taxi is driving so slow and I'm supposed to be meeting some friends. Looks like I'm going to be late which I hate. Doesn't help that the traffic or mayhem today! "Here we are, Miss." I glance at the meter to see the price, then I dig out some money. I just tell him to keep the change which I get a "thank you" from and I climb out. I make my way inside to meet my friends whom some are already there.
"Hey you two, where's Joey?" I ask as I greet Jordan and Jon, "he's on his way with Barrett." I sigh relief, thought I was going to be the last one here. Jordan offers to get me a drink from the counter to which I give him my order.

Me and Jon take the moment to catch up

Me and Jon take the moment to catch up. "The farmhouse is coming along nicely now. What about your place?" He enquires. "Yeah it's nice, cosy but I don't think it's a long term kinda place for me." Just as Jordan is putting my drink down, Joey and Barrett arrive. It's nice to have another girl here with us so that I'm not the only one amongst these three guys.

Me and Barrett happily chat whilst Jon and Joey get into some debate about something or other

Me and Barrett happily chat whilst Jon and Joey get into some debate about something or other. Jordan is enjoying listening to them debating. He's more of a listener than a talker, I've noticed over the time I have known these guys. He'll be quiet then all of a sudden he will just come out with something that'd make you think. Jon is lovely too, people think he's shy but he's not, not always. Not when you know him. He's made me laugh many a times and even on the odd occasion cringe at the bluntness. Although the two Knight brothers are different, there are some similarities between them. They have a sensitive soul and have very caring backgrounds. Both brothers are family oriented which I love. Joey is lovely too, a true showman in every way. I like Barrett, she's really sweet and so easy to get along with. Her and Joey are perfect for each other.

Jordan comes over and squeezes himself next to me. "Me and Jon are going to the movies to see that new comedy, wanna join us?" I try to remember what the movie is but one glance at him, he's getting impatient for an answer...

"okay

"okay. Message me when and I'll meet you both there." Now he's grinning like a Cheshire Cat. I'm sensing something is lurking, mischief. He yells over to Jon "she's coming!! I told you she would." Sitting here, I'm watching this exchange between the two brothers, seriously, they're like two big kids. Jon doesn't look happy, they probably had a bet on me joining them and he's lost. Not that I understand why they would have a bet on me going to the movies, we've done it plenty of times. I've known them for a few years now and we always have a good time together. They sometimes gang up on me which I'm yet to get my own back on them somehow, just for a laugh. However much we laugh together, we are there for one another. Jon is more like a brother to me whereas Jordan is someone who I am attracted to although I've never told him. He wouldn't date someone like me anyway not when he's surrounded by lots of beautiful women on tours that he does with the group. Jon is handsome but it's definitely more sibling type of relationship with him. One thing I have in common with Jon is our anxiety issues, there's been times when we've helped each other through our anxious moments.

It's now the following week and I'm on my way to meeting the brothers at the movies. A thought hits me, they better not try to get me watching a horror movie especially a psychological one, they've pranked me with this once before. The pair of idiots.
As soon as I arrive, I'm accosted by Jon as he escorts me towards the confectionery counter. I look over my shoulder and I see Jordan paying for us. "What can I get you?" I jump at the unexpected voice, I quickly scan behind the staff member to see what I want.., "I'll have a Coke with no ice, and a bag of Mint Aero Bubbles, please." I go to take some money out of my purse until I hear Jon speak, "this is on me honey, J's paid for the tickets." I thank him. There's no point in trying to reason with either him or Jordan, once their minds are made up, you can't change it.

Jordan appears amongst the movie goers with the tickets in his hand and he asks if we're ready

Jordan appears amongst the movie goers with the tickets in his hand and he asks if we're ready. "Yeah, let's get in there." Jon tells his brother. I end up walking with Jordan in front of me and Jon behind me. When sitting down, I am in-between them as well. Before the trailers start, Jordan gets his phone out to take a selfie of the three of us. I find myself feeling cold, then them two must notice as they both offer me their jackets. "Thanks guys." I let Jon put his around the back of my shoulders and I put Jordan's over my legs and chest to snuggle with.

We're about half an hour into the movie and I'm just realising that this isn't a comedy like these two said it would be. I roll my eyes. There's a bit that absolutely terrifies me and I pull the jacket over my face to hide. Slowly I peek out. Again, I end up hiding my face. Reaching for my phone out of my pocket, I send a message saying "I officially hate you two!! Glad Jon you lost your bet. Jordan, you can caption that picture with how much I hate you both." Then I put my phone back in my pocket. I stay with my head behind the cardigan until I hear both of them obviously sitting close to me, laughing quietly. I guess they've seen the message haha! I manage to watch the last forty minutes without being too scared. I don't say a word as we pick up our belongings and rubbish which we put in the bins on the way out. Once we're in the foyer, they both ask me if I'm okay. "You do look pale Filly." I pretend to ignore them. All of a sudden, I feel their arms around me so I end up squished in between them. "Come on babe, you can't stay mad at us." Jon tries to coax me to talk. I side-eye them both. "You both know I hate those kinda movies. I knew you were up to something." We walk to their car, well Jon's car as he offers me a lift home. "We're sorry. Can you forgive us?" Pleads Jordan se he flutters his eyelashes. "Okay. Next time I'll be choosing and neither of you can complain, right?!?" They both nod their heads. On the journey back to mine, I sit in the back listening to them discussing what they enjoyed about the movie.