Chapter Two

I'm at work when my phone pings. I look at the notification on the screen to see what it is, and it's Jordan as if he and Jon can come over to hang out. 'Bring a takeaway with you?' I text back. Soon enough, I'm busy researching for a new post for the website.

I love my job and it's what I've set up myself with some money that I saved up enough money to employ my friend

I love my job and it's what I've set up myself with some money that I saved up enough money to employ my friend. We share the workload. The job is that we like to raise awareness about a rare disease but it's only in it's early stages still.

I stop off at the convenience shop on my way home to grab a few bits, some essentials, snacks and drinks for the Knights when they come over. By the time they arrive; I'll hopefully have had a shower, a nap and be ready for them. I'm laid on the sofa reading when I hear their cars pulling up on the driveway so I go to make my way to open the front door.
"Here we come bearing the gift of a takeaway for a certain Miss Smith by two extremely sexy brothers, May we come in, please?" I try to refrain from laughing especially when I notice Jon eye rolling at Jordan as he goes to shove him slightly.

"Come on J, stop embarrassing her, she just wants the food, like now!" Exclaims Jon who grabs hold of the takeaway bag and walks into my house

"Come on J, stop embarrassing her, she just wants the food, like now!" Exclaims Jon who grabs hold of the takeaway bag and walks into my house. Jordan now has a petted bottom lip now he's been scolded so I decide to play along... "come on in then Mr Handsome, definitely age before beauty." Instantly he smiles so wide that his dimples show, oh man how adorable he looks like he does right now.
They've gone straight to the kitchen and help themselves to the crockery. I follow them. I take out the drinks from the fridge and place them onto the coffee table. Pressing the play button on the music player, NKOTB blare through the speakers, immediately I skip it forward causing both Jordan and Jon to glare at me. "What? I don't like to listen to you guys when you're here, I appreciate it more when alone, then I can listen better." They shrug their shoulders. "Guys, I'm friends with you because I like and care about you two as people not because you're in a group. I kinda see you as different people if that makes sense?" They look happier hearing me clear that up. We each help ourselves to the food.
"As soon as we've finished this album, we'll be rehearsing for the upcoming tour. I can't wait! Jordan, if anything ever happens to me, please carry on with the band, New Kids make so many fans happy and I know how much you love to perform for them." It makes me feel a bit watery eyed hearing Jon talk like this whereas Jordan is just like "whatever, stop aging yourself Jon." I wait a few minutes before speaking, I can understand from both of their perspectives. "Jon, I understand. I'm sure you will be fine though. Jordan, I know the group is all you've ever known and that's why Jon is speaking from the heart. It's important that we listen to each other, even when we think the person is just talking crazy because you never know what those words can mean in uncertain times." Glancing around the room to where they're both sitting, they look to be in deep thoughts.
Conversation eventually changes to more lighthearted topics while we're tucking into the food. They ask me about how it's going with my work and I fill them in. I suggest we take it in turns to play some computer games which they both delight in. Jordan gets really competitive especially with Jon. I'm sitting here creased with tears streaming down my face, laughing at him. We all agreed that I would play the winner. By the looks of it, it might be Jordan. He's really serious and focused. Jon's like "what the hell is going on, what am I supposed to do here?!!" I try to help him out but it's not easy just by telling someone. He's making me more determined to try and beat Jordan when it's my turn to swipe that smugness of his face! Finally it's my turn. I swap places with Jon and get on my knees next to Jordan. "You better be warned Missy, you're gonna get your ass kicked by yours truly!" Exclaims Jordan. We shake hands and start the game.