𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧

*

IN WHICH
a girl with a legendary name
arrives in
King's Landing

or

IN WHICH
she played with
fire
and won

*

TIME IS SUCH a funny concept. It had been ages since Queen Visenya had been taken by the Stranger, and no woman like her had been reborn in House Targaryen.

It was like the gods did not want one to claim the name of such a powerful woman, unless the girl to be born was worthy of it. It is no secret, of course, that none of the babies that were to claim this legendary name did survive. Or, that's what everybody thought.

Naming a baby with more bastard blood than Valyrian after the Queen would be something that could make Visenya rise from the dead and kill the baby with her own hands — this is what most people would think. On the contrary, though, the Queen smiled from the skies above as the little girl took her first breath of air.

Visenya Targaryen had been re-born.

She did not bare the silver locks that her name was so known for, but her eyes had the same deep purple color that had been lost for generations, and Queen Visenya, the First of Her Name, once was baring.

Nothing but her eyes could help the newborn baby claim the legacy that was denied to her ancestor, Saera Targaryen; the disowned princess that lived in exile until she perished.

But before she joined her ancestors in the sky, she had made her request clear; Visenya would claim what once was hers. The title that was so wrongly taken from her and her line. She'd get all that her family before her should have claimed years ago.

That was all Saera had asked her granddaughter to take care of before she left with her newborn baby. And that was all Vaella was thinking of until she and her girl finally arrived home.

Snow was falling as thick as the day that Visenya was born, and Vaella bitterly thought about the future that her daughter would have to face.

A Stark with the blood of the dragon running through her veins, and two houses that would never accept a bastard.

Or so she thought. Because blood runs thicker than water, and this girl had the fire of the dragon running through her veins, and a fire so strong burning deep into her soul, that could burn the whole world down.

And the girl did burn the whole world down.

Not for Saera, not for Vaella, not even for those that were taken away from her. But, just because she was
born to burn.

*
"the blood of the dragon runs in my veins.
i was born with the sole purpose to
burn
even if that burns everyone around me"
*

*
Disclaimer: this story will feature mature content. trigger warnings will be able to be seen at the beginning of each chapter, but if you feel uncomfortable with any of the matters mentioned in the chapters, do not proceed reading.
dialogue written in italics is supposed to be originally spoken in high valyrian.
Suggestion: times new roman, smallest size, black color of background
*

hello! I decided to write a story about House of the Dragon as soon as I finished the watching the first season, so here I am!
english is not my first language, so keep in mind that constructive criticism is always appreciated.
I've made some changes in the way some characters are, obviously, and I'll try to follow as much as possible the series.
I hope you enjoy the story!

All rights go to HBO and the House of the Dragon producers.
I only own my original characters.
Copyright © 2023 || All rights reserved.