20

April 15th 2014 / Tuesday

Tzuyus POV

My Bedroom

"It's a written statement and a report from everyone involved in Sharon's test. It is a handwritten statement elaborating how the penguin's test, which was a case of fraud, started", Jihyo said.

"Sue everyone".

"Yes, Ma'am. But if you sue them, you might lose your title as the CEO. Please read the summarised report first", she said.

I sighed and picked up the paper and began to read.

"A deep learning video clip? What is this? Why is there a video of me", I asked.

"It appears that Sharon's deep-learning process system that is in development is extracting patterns from such videos. The process will stay the same even if Sharon becomes commercialized. However, you can sue them for having watched the video without your consent".

"Doctor Kim signed a document stating that everything was a lie, in return for getting the video clip back from our rival company Manoban. He also agreed to hand over the real Sharon with nothing in return".

"Has he gone mad? Why would he sign that?", I asked.

"They threaten him that they will reveal your illness to the press, if he didn't".

"I see. So are you saying he did that for me? Do you expect me to believe that?".

"It's the truth. And if you decide to sue them, this test will become public and you'll end up getting dismissed", she said.

"I don't care. I want you to sue the entire penguin team. I also want you to sue Mina who played the robot", I said.

"Yes ma'am. I'll carry on with the procedure".

She brought out a letter putting it on my bed.

"This is my letter of resignation as Im dating Sana, Mina's best friend. I was clueless and didn't prevent anything from happening to you. You need a new sectary who won't be as clueless as I was. Goodbye Miss Chou".

She left the room.

"I told them not to. They wanted to tell you the truth, but I stopped them out of fear that you might suffer or die. That's why they couldn't tell you", Jeongyeon said.

"So what? What does that have to do with me now?".

"When was that?", I asked.

"The day you reset her. If they had told you the truth then, what do you think would've happened? Would the joy of knowing that Sharon was human could have outweighed the feeling of betrayal? Read Mina's statement at least. Goodbye Tzuyu".

Dr Yoo left.

~ A few minutes later ~

Dining Room

I picked up Mina's statement and began to read it while drinking whiskey. A lot of bullshit, trying to guilt trip me isn't she.