chapter 7

"What do you want now?" I huffed. He chuckled at my reaction, why was he acting so weird with me?

"Well I was wondering if you'd um... be my... partner? For the portraits!" He went all shy, blushing and looking at the ground. I didn't really want to spend a whole lesson with him but Rosie was working with Adam.

"Um, yeah, I don't see why not?" I gave him a quick smile before turning around and closing my book. I grabbed my bag and headed out of the, now empty, classroom.

Just as I left I heard him shout, "Awesome portrait by the way!"

I didn't realise how much I was grinning until I bumped into Rosie just outside the art room.

"What are you grinning about?!" She nudged me and winked.

"Um, nothing, I just like art.." I couldn't help but laugh at my terrible attempt to lie to Rosie.

"Whatever, lets go to maths!" I'd completely forgotten what Miss had asked me this morning and followed Rosie to the maths department.

It wasn't until we arrived I noticed that I'd forgotten something. Or should I say someone!

"Oh my goodness!" I smacked my hand against my forehead in frustration. "I've forgotten Lewis!"

I started sprinting down the four flights of stairs towards the art room. I reached the second flight and whacked into someone, very hard!

"Excuse me!" I was in a rush and didn't even look up to see who was standing in front of me.

"Forgotten something?" Lewis chuckled and stepped aside to let me pass.

"Oh sorry, yes actually, you! But now you're here so I'm good!" I leant against the hand rail and sighed. Lewis was chuckling again.

"I'm sure I would have managed with out you! You don't have to hold my hand forever!"

"Hey I never said forever! Miss said for the first few days, I may not like you but I have to do what I'm told!" Something that he had said had annoyed me, I didn't know what though.

When we got to maths we found a seating plan had been put on the board. I was sat with Luke on my left and Louis on my right. I thought this would be alright! Well that was until I found out who was sat directly behind me.