Power of the Sun

Hizashi POV

As we were dealing with the chaos of people running, quirks going off, and villains running rampant, Sho and I were trying to focus on the now and not on the concern for our nekos. But that was easier said than done. We left them to run home by themselves. Thinking about it now, it was probably not the best decision. We could have run them to our block ourselves and come back to help, but then there was also the fact that we were the only heroes currently on the scene.

I watched as Sho tackled a large villain to the ground and began to brutally take him out. My attention was drawn to another villain that was trying to sneak into the fight. I released a loud shout directly at the villain to blow him away and allow Sho to focus on the villain under him. A few seconds after the smaller villain was gone, Sho looked up from the villain who was now knocked out at his feet and gave me an appreciative nod.

We turned our attention towards the rest of the fight and noticed more heroes finally arriving. A part of us seemed to relax in relief. If there were more heroes, this mess would be over sooner, and we could go home to see and comfort our little listeners. I walked over to Sho, who was finishing restraining the villain, and asked "You okay?" "Yeah. His common sense didn't match his size. He relied a lot on his strength quirk and fell down like a log. Let's get the rest of these villains taken care of and go make sure Sun and Moon are alright."

I gave him a bright smile and we turned to the rest of the attack. It seemed like most of the villains had been taken out by the arriving heroes so it wasn't going to take too much longer thankfully. We bumped fists, promising to back each other up, and began to run farther into the fray. However, only after taking 10 steps, both of our bodies stilled and I could tell Sho got the same chills as myself. A loud, piercing, scream echoed against the tall walls of the building around us.

What made us still though wasn't the volume of the scream, nor the fear that was heard behind it, those were normal for screams during a villain attack. No, it was how childlike and young the scream was. The fear I felt in my spine I had no doubt was apparent on my face when I turned to look into my husband's eyes. All of the fear I felt, and I had no doubt Sho felt as well, was all because the area that civilians were being rushed toward was in front of us, but the scream came from behind us, and the only children that we knew of escaping behind us were our own.

The second there was silence we turned on our heels and sprinted in the opposite direction. The arriving heroes could take care of the villains, we had to get to our nekos. There was a large and bright flash coming from an alleyway farther away and all of a sudden there was a large influx of power that almost made us trip; but, we straightened out and kept on our pursuit.

---Izuku POV---

Moon. Moon. Moon!

There was a ringing in my ears.

I couldn't hear any more of the chaos that was around Moon and me. I watched as Moon went after the villain to protect me. Moon will always protect me. But then he got hurt. Moon got hurt because he was worried about me. It's my fault. I hurt Moon. I felt tears prick my eyes and fear traveled up my spine as I watched Moon collide with the wall.

My body began to tingle and I felt a sort of pressure build-up under my skin as I watched him slump against the wall, eyes closed. No. No. No! I didn't realize I had started screaming but all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light coming from my hands, and the only thing crossing my mind was my need and want to protect Moon.

Moon always protected me but this villain hurt him. Now he has to hurt. No one should hurt Moon. No one. There was a smaller flash around my head and Lunar, Spark, Falkour, and Saphire appeared. I looked at them, tears running down my face. "Lunar, go check on Moon. Make sure he's okay. Saphire find Papa and Dad. Spark and Falkour, you two stay here with me, please. Moon has protected us in the past and now we have to protect him."