Summer Break

Compilation of Summer moments with the squad

X Camping Weekend X

It had been a couple of weeks into summer break when Hizashi brought up the idea of going on a trip. The nekos were curious because the four of them didn't go on many trips, one because the nekos didn't do well in public alone; and two, Hizashi and Shouta had pretty full schedules with hero work and school work.  "We have this weekend off. We obviously can't go far but what did you have in mind?" Shouta asked his husband as he braided Izuku's hair. "How about camping?"

The nekos looked at the hero confused, "What's camping?" Shoto asked. It still startled both heroes when the nekos questioned certain things. People would think it would be easy to remember what the nekos never got to learn about and experience, but the list was so long that it was actually very difficult to keep track of. Hizashi still got lost in his head about when the nekos learned about birthdays and finally got to experience their own. 

"Oh, camping is so much fun, my little listeners! We can go into the forest and mountains, sleep under the stars while listening to nature, and eat smores!" The nekos looked intrigued at the idea of sleeping under the star. They both always like nature and more often than not went with the Bakugos on weekend hikes. "What are mores?" Izuku asked. "Smores Sun, not mores. And they are little sandwiches of crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. They are super sweet but also warm and gooey." Izuku's eyes lit up at the mention of sweet which made the other laugh at the forever sweet tooth.

"As long as I can take my sleeping bag and get some sleep I'm good with the idea." Shouta agreed. "Me too! I wanna eat sweets in the forest!" Izuku bounced excitedly before getting taped on the head to calm down by Shouta who was finishing his hair. "I don't really know about sleeping on the floor but seeing the stars sounds nice." Shoto said hesitantly. "Don't worry we'll bring cots so we wont be directly on the ground." Hizashi reassured the neko.

With that the weekend trip was planned and the nekos, mainly Izuku, couldn't stop bouncing in excitement. When Friday afternoon came and Hizashi and Shouta were trying to pack the car, Izuku kept trying to get involved and watch the process a little too closely. After Hizashi almost tripped on the neko for the third time, Shouta suggested that the neko go inside and ensure he had everything while saying goodbye to Aoki and Snow. When the neko went inside, followed by Shoto who told the heroes that he'd watch the other, Shouta and Hizashi both let out a sigh followed by a bright laugh while they finally finished packing the car with no more incidents.

It was a 2-hour drive to the secluded campsite and when the family got there, the nekos started exploring before being called back by Shouta to help with the car. By the time the sun had set, they had the tent up, cots unfolded, and fire smoking. Izuku definitely didn't like the fire at first, panicking and dousing the flames with Akua's water powers. Hizashi and Shoto tried relaxing the neko, explaining that the flames were controlled and needed to keep them warm and able to toast marshmallows. 

Once Izuku relaxed and understood what the flames were for, he apologized and helped dry and relight the campfire. They didn't toast marshmallows until the second night after a long hike, but they slept under the stars and Shouta made sure to point out constellations and planets in the sky. The nekos were captivated by the stars, eyes wide and never leaving the magic-looking night sky. When the next night came and the nekos got to taste their first smores, they ended up purring with sticky hands and messy faces. Hizashi had to control his laughter as Shouta let out confused curses as he tried getting marshmallow fluff off of Izuku's fluffy neko ears.

--------------

X Pool time X

It was around a week after the Yamazawa camping trip that the family of 4 was invited for a get-together with the Bakugos and the Shinshos. When Izuku and Shoto went to hang out with Katsuki and Hitoshi when they got back from their trip, they questioned all the construction being done in the Bakugos' backyard. That was when Mitsuki cheerfully announced, after yelling at Katsuki to help her with lunch, that they were installing a pool. They were using a well know quirked construction crew so they were estimating the construction time to only take a couple of weeks, just in time for the peak of the summer heat to hit.