The Murder of Steven Hicks

Dahmer committed his first murder in 1978, three weeks after his high school graduation. On June 18, Dahmer saw a hitchhiker and decided to pick him up. His name was Steven Mark Hicks, he was almost 19. Dahmer would lure the youth back to his house to "drink with him". Hicks, who was hitchhiking to a concert in Chippewa Lake Park, Ohio, agreed to go back to his house with the promise of "a few beers" with Dahmer since he had the house to himself. The sight of hicks' bare chest stirred up Dahmer's sexual feelings, although when Hicks began talking about women, he knew any sexual passes would be rebuffed. After hours of talking, drinking and listening to music, Hicks "wanted to leave and I didn't want him to leave." Dahmer later stated that he had struck Hicks twice from behind with a 10-pound (4.5kg) dumbbell as Hicks sat upon the chair. When Hicks fell unconscious after being hit, Dahmer strangled him to death with the bar of the dumbbell, then stripped the clothes from Hicks's body before exploring the chest with his hands, then he would masturbate above the corpse. Later, Dahmer would drag the body to the basement. The next day Dahmer dissected Hicks In his basement. He later buried them in a shallow grave in his backyard. Several weeks later he would skin the flesh off the bones. He would then dissolve the flesh in acid before flushing the solution down the toilet. He would also crush the bones with a sledgehammer and scatter them behind the family home.