03

• Cheer competition II •

Cheer competition II •

Iris hated it, she despised every single minute of it

Iris hated it, she despised every single minute of it. Math class didn't interest her at all as soon as she stepped into the class, she started counting the minutes until it was time to go. Iris used to love math in elementary school but in middle school, it started to go downhill, especially in 7th grade when she failed most of the unit tests except 1 out of 8.

"Iris, can you tell me what the next step is?" Mrs.Davis asked, looking directly at her. Iris stayed quiet for a quick second thinking then opened her mouth "You have to get rid of the 6x so you have to do minus six to that x and to -3x on the other side" The teacher smiled "yeah! Amara, what's the next step?" Now Iris wouldn't say she was horribly bad at math. It's either she got it or she didn't, no in-between. She couldn't pay attention the whole duration of class either, she was either zoning out, daydreaming, or drawing random stuff on a piece of paper.

'This is so boring'

'Time is going by so slowly'

'There are still 40 minutes left of class!?!'

She groaned quietly and put her attention back on the teacher when she said something about partner work. "Iris and Kai" Iris scrunched her eyebrows and nose in confusion. "Who's Kai..." She mumbled slowly, looking around the room until her eyes fell on someone who was already looking at her.

Assuming that was the person called Kai she got up and walked over to them and sat down. "I'm guessing that you're Kai since I haven't seen you before" He looked at her and smiled a bit "Yeah... I just transferred here" She returned the smile and nodded her head "So which two companies do you want to pick?" He examined his computer screen looking at the options "One and four if that's fine".

Iris got the graphing paper out of her binder "I could figure out the answer to the questions and you can draw the graph but we still help each other like partners of course" Kai nodded his head before replying "Yeah that's cool" He slid the paper closer to his side of the table so they both could both have access to it.

She started answering the questions while Kai just watched her so she decided to make some conversation. "So why did you come here?" She asked, still keeping her eyes on the paper. "My dad wanted to come back here, it's his home town and he got a good job offer so yeah" "ah... knowing how small this town is he probably knows my parents or something" He laughed at her response, then went back to silence as she worked.