08

• Championships I•

Championships I•

Iris sat on her bed, ignoring the homework she wouldn't even glance at until Sunday night. She smiled at the fact that Friday had finally come. She had the TV on as background music as she sat on her phone.

Her door swung open, hitting the wall, and Vivienne and Hanna walked into the room. "Have you ever heard of knocking?" Iris said, looking up at her sister. "I literally texted you that I was coming to your room, and you can come, okay?" Vivienne put her hands up in defense for a second, then closed the door.

"I still can't believe you and Kai almost kissed!" Vi exclaimed. Iris groaned but blushed at the scene coming back to her. "Stop bringing up the past," She said, making Vivienne laugh in annoyance.

"It was just yesterday." Iris rolled her eyes. Yeah, and you haven't stopped bringing it up, and it wasn't even you!" she said.

"I just can't get over the fact you faked coughing; that's hilarious." Vivienne said, laughing, but then made a face of confusion and stopped. "Why didn't you kiss him though?" she finished off.

Iris shrugged. "I don't know... I just had this queasy feeling in my stomach, and it didn't feel right". Her eldest sister looked at her and hummed. "Probably just butterflies," she replied. Iris shook her head at this question, saying, "No, I felt like I was going to throw up".

"You were nervous, that's all," Vivienne said, putting her hand on Iris shoulder. Hey, look, Ri, when it's the right time, you'll know, trust me. I mean, me and Luna didn't have our first kiss until a month into our relationship".

Iris nodded her head and started to think. Maybe I was just nervous. After yesterday. Iris did gain some feelings towards him, and she couldn't deny it herself.

Iris's phone started to vibrate in her hand, pulling her out of her thoughts. She looked at her scorn and saw Lynn Loud calling her through Snapchat.

Hellooooooo!" Lynn said.

"Hey, what's up?"

Nothing, I was just making sure you were still coming to the game."

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be? This is important to our school," Iris said. "And for you, of course."

"I don't know... Like I said, I was just making sure."

"Mhm"

Also, make sure you're screaming really loud when I make it into the basket."

"You tryna make me apart from your fanbase or something?"

"What do you mean? You already are." Iris could feel the smirk on Lynn's face through the phone. Also, it's for the whole team; we've got to stay motivated, you know."

"You wish I was."

"I know you are; anyway, give me your number since we're friends and stuff now. Snapchat is so irritating. With that, Lynn hung up the phone, and Iris sent her the phone number.