05

• Alone•

Alone•

Iris chewed the inside of her cheek as she waited in anticipation for Lynn to arrive

Iris chewed the inside of her cheek as she waited in anticipation for Lynn to arrive. It felt strange that Lynn was coming over for Iris, even if it was just for a project. They've never actually spent time together alone, which is weird considering how long they've known each other. Even if they share mutual feelings of hatred.

The chime of the doorbell echoed throughout the house, causing Iris to let out a breath she was unaware she was holding. She got up and opened the door, revealing Lynn Loud. "Hey," They both said, giving one another awkward smiles. It went silent for a moment before Iris moved to the side and said, "Come in," which is what Lynn did and went to the couch as she waited for Iris to join her.

"Just so you know, I'm only doing this for your family, so you better thank them." Iris said, trying to make it less awkward. The girl in red looked over at her with a small smirk and said, "Yeah? And what about how it would've affected your grade?" Madden shook her head. "I would've just done it myself, simple. Now let's get to work".

"Okay.."

Iris opened her laptop to pull up the information the teacher sent out for the project. "So, she wants a fully decorated board explaining everything and a model of it's ecosystem... habitat whatever it is"

"Let's make a list of the things we need to buy first so we can get them quickly, and then we can get all the information." Lynn suggested. Iris stayed quiet for a moment before replying, "Okay, and also, we should just split up all the information we need to gather because it's a lot. You get flora, fauna, and the food web, and I'll get the physical conditions, geological conditions, and historical information?".

Lynn hummed in agreement as she pulled out her own laptop. "Now the list," she typed out everything she believed that they would need. She then slid her laptop over for Iris to see and add anything that she may have forgotten.

Iris looked over everything. "I think that's all we need for now, at least. Let's go to the store tomorrow after school if that works for you." Lynn gasped dramatically "Is Iris Madden being considerate to Lynn Loud? I see I am truly too charming for someone to hate me"