Prologue

"Home..."

Someone could be heard singing such a soft melody, enticing birds, squirrels and rabbits to come closer,  just like one of those Disney princesses. 

"Haa..." Such a sigh made the animals snuggle closer to comfort the poor red head, as some fled.

Injuries can be healed, but it was far too late, his walls have been stacked high, thickened, for many years, as time drew by, waiting, yet nobody.

He wishes for somebody to break these walls.

But nobody has tried.

Nobody was there to comfort the poor little boy he was, that so called 'father' of his was such a coward, but this poor soul always put his family first.

As what could he do? He was just a child after all.

But time has passed, he's matured and grown, he knows.

Indeed, mortals are selfish.

To have that 'father' of his abandon him and come back with another family.

But how could he hate them, they were innocent

The little boy hiding behind his mothers dress was just adorable, but how could he survive in this household?

So he took matters into his own hands.

He changed for them, he bore the hatred for them, he was there for them.

But where were they, when he need them?

"That place is not home"

The County does not have such a welcoming atmosphere when he arrives, they murmur and talk about him, disregard him, they don't care.

They wouldn't need him if he left, they had Basen.

So he fled to his home, those ruby dyed feathers were let out once more, ruffling in the wind, he had done this many times at night, as he wouldn't want people peeking after all. 

But they were such an impeccable shade of red, it would be impossible not to miss, everybody should have been asleep at such a time, so he only ever goes out at this moment.

Yet somebody saw him, a brunette; perhaps he let his guard down for too long.

The brunette's gasp was not heard as he saw the red head take off to the skies, the red head looked like an angel, though perhaps he was.

The brunette rushed off somewhere, maybe to check something perhaps.

And there it was, nothing.

No form of life was found in the room, it was empty. 

The brunette, Basen, was sure that the red winged person was his elder brother.

As where else could he be? He certainly wasn't in his room.

But Basen never told anybody, he knew, but what would people believe him?

Never, was there a person recorded to have such wings, besides, what good will telling others bring him?

So he kept it a secret.

A secret for years to come.

.

.

.

.

.

It was dark, so very dark, there was no light in his hollow life, but he found it, he found the light he was longing for.

The clouds up high weren't just for display, there was something there, not seen by the naked eye. 

A whole civilization.

Gods, demigods, mythical creatures, they were all there.

Things you wouldn't see in the mortal realm were there, anything you desired was there, but there will, always be something that isn't there.

Till the day comes that he ascends, they will welcome him with open arms, they will show him what there is, they will nurture and care for him.

They will protect him.

But it's all up to him in the end.

So if an opportunity arises, they will take it, and cherish it.

.

.

.

.

.

To make up for all that has been done, they, the ones who have the power, will make an effort to save this world, gain back the trust from the one far away.

Though they must not meddle with mortal affairs, they have found a loophole, so they will use whatever it takes, to make it happen.

But it is easier said then done, there are things irreversible,  they can be healed, yet hope had no mercy.

Work for it, they have turned their backs on him too many times to count, so why must he help them?

Why?

To such an indecent world, it is bound to break.

Yet he drowns in guilt by the thought of his world being destroyed.

He, Cale Henituse, must make a choice.

Abandon or Save.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Published: 05/03/23 (DD/MM/YY)