Peel Away the Layers

There can be many different layers to somebody, one could have a few, while other, more.

Yet they can stack.

The more layers one has, the more difficult it is to peel them away.

Hundreds, thousands...

That can be said as the max, yet somebody has bygone the rules.

They collected more than perhaps millions.

Layer after layer, delicately place on one another.

Fall shall it not, for it has grown stiff, continuously adding more as the days go by.

Hoping, praying, that somebody peels off all these layers.

Yet it was impossible, it has grown to a tremendous amount.

Difficult is a small word compared to how it would be to get those layers off.

So nobody attempted

As a result, they would dream, a way to escape reality for some time.

But dreams are like bubbles, you can enjoy them for an amount of time before they burst.

They are incredibly fragile, just like the human mind.

Though one sought out a way to stay there.

A way to keep it

But things always come with a cost.

Memories, the intellectual property of a human mind.

[A/N: I don't know what I wrote, but it sounds smart... ('。_。`)]

They drive the human mind, keep records of happenings.

Though one cannot remember everything, there can be some exceptions.

Such as abilities

They are granted to help mortals survive in their monster infested world.

One could have an offensive ability while another, a defence ability.

There are a variety of abilities, some can be useful, and some can be useless.

-

Kim Rok Soo, Grade 1 Ability User.

First brain-related special ability, 'record.'

Whatever he saw, it was stored in his head.

The ability wasn't always in his command, sometimes it would record things he didn't want to record.

According to Lee Soo Hyuk, he easily remembers whatever it is he wishes to remember, but forgets anything he wishes to ignore as if he hadn't learnt it at all.

When the death of the team, Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Jung Soo hit, it activated.

Recording their deaths.

[ Kim Rok Soo was standing there unable to speak properly while Choi Jung Soo was kneeling in front of him with his sword stabbed into the ground.

'What is it, you punk.'

Choi Jung Soo who had no blood left to cough up was jokingly responding as he died. 'I leave it to you.'

He could also see team leader Lee Soo Hyuk close his eyes while leaving the rest to him.

All of them. All of his teammates had died just like that.

'Mr. Kim Rok Soo! Mr. Rok Soo!'

Once Kim Rok Soo was the only one remaining, he had snapped out of it after someone from the reinforcements team grabbed his shoulder. (...) Cale recalled how Kim Rok Soo had acted back then on the battlefield where all of his team members were dying. He looked once toward team leader Lee Soo Hyuk who had closed his eyes, and then once at Choi Jung Soo who had his head down. After that...