《9》What's your limit?

(Nobody's POV)

It's been a few hours of training. Reaper and Geno were exhausted.

They have been taking note of each other's strength, and testing their weaknesses.

So far, they appeared to be well fit for each other in the obstacles. If one had a weakness of sorts, the other seemed to make up for it.

Reaper can't dodge as swiftly? No worries, Geno is a great and almost flawless dodger; he can back him up if he needed to.

Out of the two, Reaper was the most surprised. He didn't think he'd find someone who was almost equivalent to him. If Reaper made a hasty move or decision, Geno would quickly catch on and go with the flow.

It was no secret that Geno felt the same way about Reaper. He was impressed on how if he made a little mistake, Reaper would quickly recover and keep going.

They both found a sort of respect for each other. This session of seeing what they're both capable of, brought them pretty close.

The moment they started noticing how well they worked together; they felt the probablities of winning were very high.

-Geno's Open Field, 2:03 P.M-

"C'mon idiot, we have to get ready." Geno teased as he picked up some equipment from the ground and started racing to the shack.

Reaper picked up the remaining equipment and started chasing after Geno.

The first one to arrive at the shack was Geno, and he quickly put away the equipment he was carrying. Reaper arrived soon after and did the same.

They both then started to walk away from the shack and headed to Geno's home.

As they neared closer, there were some unexpected visitors.

Dream, Nightmare and some other guys, some which Reaper was not introduced to, were waiting on Geno's porch.

"Geno! I was wondering where you were." Dream hurriedly went to give Geno a hug when they got close enough.

"What a pleasant surprise! But uh," Geno cleared his throat as he glanced over to Nightmare who was talking to other skeletons. His voice hushed, "is something wrong? Why is Nightmare's group here?"

"Ah. They wanted to make sure Reaper hasn't been.. Breaking rules." Dream whispered back, not allowing Reaper to hear.

Reaper raised a brow, suspicious on what they could be talking about. And while they did, he kept looking over to Nightmare and his little group. Error, surprisingly, was there too. Which made Reaper very nervous.

Once Geno and Dream stopped whispering, they turned to Reaper.

"So, Reaper right? My name is Dream, one of the founders of the town! How has your stay been? I hope Geno has been kind these past few days," he chuckled, nodding towards Geno, "he didn't seem very fond of you in the beginning."

Reaper grinned with confidence.

"Yeah, we had a rough start," he pulled Geno next to him, into a type of hug, "but we're best buds now."

Geno nudged Reaper away, scoffing.

"We're not even close to best friends just yet, buddy. But I appreciate the flattery." Geno smirked.

That really backfired on Reaper.

Dream smiled at their childish behaviour, "Well then, I guess I won't have to worry about you trying to kill Geno then." Dream joked.

Both Geno and Reaper had a flashback to the beginning of their encounter.

Reaper had threatened Geno with a knife before. The reminder made Geno uncomfortable, he completely forgot the things Reaper had done in the beginning.

"Yeah, of course not haha." Geno forced a laugh, enough to convince Dream.

"Anyways, may we come in? I think this conversation should be taken inside." Dream suggested.

"Yeah, yeah, sure, come in!" Geno hurriedly took out his keys and opened his front door.

End of Chapter 9

(Sorry this one is so short, I might make these chapters a little short from time to time, that way I stay a little engaged with my writing haha, but hopefully the next chapter is longer! What do you think Dream and Nightmare will be talking about? O_o )