Quattro.

TW: References to Drug Addiction/Use ⚠️
_____________________

Carina

That week I spent my lunches with Victoria, hoping she wouldn't get lonely in the hospital. We laughed until her chest hurt and I would hold up my arms to signal I was done with the jokes.

They were all mostly at my brothers expense considering they were both friends now. Though I'd never tell her, my brother was still very much pining after her affection.

I saw it in the way he brought her food and kept fresh flowers in her room. She would roll her eyes and tell him to stop, but he was almost as stubborn as me.

When we cared about someone there was no way to hide it or run away from it, it followed us around like the passionate people we were raised by.

After he left I looked at her again and she held up her hand telling me to stop while I was ahead. "Wha— I wasn't going to say a word!"

"You DeLuca's say it all with a smile, it's not happening." She picked at the French fries he had brought her and I simply smiled at my pile of fries. "Fine say it."

"You two are good together, and yes I'm biased because he's my little brother, but he worships you and I don't think that's bad to have in a relationship," I said taking another bite of my food.

"Oh like Maya worships you?" She said with a raised brow and I smiled.

"It's a very nice feeling, though I know you said the hours and time together is hard. I didn't mind it because Maya is well Maya and her job is her life, but it gets easier— normal almost."

"It's not just that. We don't want the same things and that's okay. He talks about a huge family and I like my life, I don't want kids.. right now."

"Right now, I promise you, he doesn't want kids either. You know Maya doesn't want kids," I say with a sigh, "I do, but it's... we are still talking about it or going to? I don't really know." I adjust in the chair uncomfortably as the pain starts to tell me I've been sitting to long.

"Maya is hyper focused on her career, but I also know she loves you and would give the world to see you happy, Carina, I definitely think it's worth another conversation," she said with a smile and I nodded. It's definitely something I wanted to discuss with her now that these leg issues would hopefully be solved.

I bid my farewells as I got paged by Arizona to the pit for a consult.

The rest of the day dragged on, and it was only a matter of time before the day finally came to an end and so did my shift. "So, a birdie told me you're having surgery."

"Was it my brother?" Andrea was more of a gossip than me, the little troll.

"Maybe," she smirked at me and playfully nudged my shoulder, "When is it?"

A sharp exhale left my body. "After the clinical portion for the fellowship is complete. I can study from bed and take my orals in the fall, once I'm doing PT again." I said after having mapped out the course of my recovery with Maya. It seemed to make her feel better to put everything on a timeline for us to have.

"Is Amelia still doing the surgery?" She asked me and it was one if not the hardest question to answer.

"No, she's giving me a list of people she would recommend," I said as we approached my office and I leaned against the door.

Arizona looked like she was waiting for me to let her in, but alone in my office was not appropriate. I looked around and she seemed to catch the hint, "Well, Calliope operated on Amelia's brother's hand a while ago. Doing the exact same thing, except with someone else's nerve, and your new plastic surgeon is pretty amazing to work.."